• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is FTL? Is it worth $2.49 if you don't really like strategy or space games typically? I know it seems like a dumb question, but I feel like I keep thinking I would want to play stuff like that, but when I downloaded the kerbal space demo I just got really confused.

Mostly because I'm scared that if Steam dies, all of what I purchased will too.

For example, I want to try Civ 5, since it seem like a nice entry game for the franchise. But I kinda want to wait for the Platinium version with all the DLC and buy it for 40$ at retail
I'm pretty sure Civ V is Steamworks, so if Steam goes down, your boxed copy won't help much.

Almighty

Some of these keys are old, forgive me if they don't work.

Thank you for Space Rangers. I have been trying to find that game, and Space Rangers 2, for a long time. Thank you very much. I wonder why ModBot is not showing it gave me the key.

Anyway I claimed some more games so now it is time I give back.

Here is FTL for the lucky person. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-75EC8D1039E58114 - Taken by Deques

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
How is FTL? Is it worth $2.49 if you don't really like strategy or space games typically? I know it seems like a dumb question, but I feel like I keep thinking I would want to play stuff like that, but when I downloaded the kerbal space demo I just got really confused.

FTL is a somewhat roguelike with a space setting. Kerbal Space Program is a rocket building and flying
and crashing
simulation.

They have nothing in common other than the concept of outer space.

Mupod

Part 2. Have fun with it!

Both your giveaways were games I really wanted, and apparently bought while drunk because I totally had no idea I had them until I double checked my steam list before entering your giveaway. So it was, like, almost as if you gave them to me.

Here are some games I'm sure everyone here has, but you never know

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-F83ECB1C368B4985 - Taken by IcyRhythms
Cave Story Plus -- MB-9308A05747EA4094 - Taken by Avallon
The Basement Collection -- MB-55E07E8ACF3E1A11 - Taken by HBroward

catabarez

Both your giveaways were games I really wanted, and apparently bought while drunk because I totally had no idea I had them until I double checked my steam list before entering your giveaway. So it was, like, almost as if you gave them to me.

I got your back bro.

Modbot hates me too. Won't give me Anodyne. for some reason. If anyone else claimed it, it never edited.

Anodyne was already claimed. Someone's name appeared there for a second, then disappeared. If I had to guess, I think SRK edited his post, unintentionally discarding the changes Modbot was putting in at around the same time.

FTL is a somewhat roguelike with a space setting. Kerbal Space Program is a rocket building and flying simulation.

They have nothing in common other than the concept of outer space.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still not totally clear on what a roguelike is. Is that just randomly generated content a la Diablo?

Yeah my problem is I didn't see the lurker caveat thing before. In other news, I'm making another post in this thread.

The other problem is that you have to balance your levels of caffeine:blood or else you'll die, which is bad because then you don't get any video games at all!

missed one.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

King's Bounty Armored Princess-- MB-BEC19D3320634871 - Taken by TUSR

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-DBA9FF62BF449C96 - Taken by xDEKOIx
Aquaria -- MB-A79DE06871F2E556 - Taken by GasProblem
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-20E2423BE2813C30 - Taken by ratcliffja
Waking Mars -- MB-AEBC10BBA255C9AB - Taken by ShizWhiz

I know, but still, I feel bad buying a 40$ game for 5$ for some reason, even more if I can get a box and a cd on my shelve if I buy retail.

The isn't something like "a $40 game".
The value of a game changes over time which is reflected in the sale prices.

I'd feel bad if I bought a game that was $5 before for $40.

The CD and box argument is valid if you care about it, but most people in this thread have long stopped.

Cheap games + easily accessible library everywhere > physical crap that I need to store somewhere and move around

I gave ModBot the code for Anodyne 10 minutes ago and it's not going through since it's still available. Not sure what's going on, but enjoy to whoever gets it.

Y'know, it seems like none of the big Steam thread honchos are around. When they're gone, it's just just us down here, fighting for scraps!

Omega

Banned
everytime I play CS there's an FTL giveaway lol

the powers that be are making sure I do not win this game and instead forced to buy it

The other problem is that you have to balance your levels of caffeine:blood or else you'll die, which is bad because then you don't get any video games at all!

I'm not even drinking caffeine, just sitting here with red eyes while my wife sleeps on the couch. I should probably wake her up and go to bed, but I'm holding out hope for a game I want.

Neki

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Nimbus -- MB-CFB5FB35359FFB3F - Taken by Pestilence11

Enjoy guys!

See the trick to high-level ModBot play is to stay up to unreasonably late hours and then hope that the competition is asleep.

That's amateur level. I have a friend at GCHQ who is routing every PM sent to ModBot straight to me so that I see them before they're posted in the thread.

jtb

Banned
hmmm... I may have spoken too soon on Alan Wake American Nightmare. modbot hasn't sent me a key yet (or a reply to my register request either D:)

So do I need five posts in this thread to be eligible for the ModBot giveaways, even if I have five or more in the main Steam thread?

Oh well, I was just looking at Reign of Conflict. I actually can't find that game on Steam or gameplay/a trailer of it on YouTube. Is it supposed to say Reign: Conflict of Nations?

Either way, no biggie ^_^.

On a sale-related note: I wonder if it'd be profitable to horde cards now while people are selling them for dirt-cheap to buy more games, and then sell them later when the market is back from the Steam Sale crash.

Help, anyone? Stump?

Rubius

I'm pretty sure Civ V is Steamworks, so if Steam goes down, your boxed copy won't help much.

It is, but at least with a box, I can pirate it with a proof that I own it. Just collector mindset talking. I'm always thinking how it would be nice to craft DVD cases with Steam sides, and a copy of the game burned in each cases. Just for display purposes.

It is, but at least with a box, I can pirate it with a proof that I own it. Just collector mindset talking. I'm always thinking how it would be nice to craft DVD cases with Steam sides, and a copy of the game burned in each cases. Just for display purposes.

Oh, you are a crazy person.

J/k, <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom