• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Gifts, not codes. feel free to pm me if you have any trouble redeeming.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-56A7F5177ABF7DA4 - Taken by Deques
The Witcher (ONE) Enhanced Edition DC -- MB-1AABE893A6D00BF8 - Taken by KMD

Salsa

surgeon simulator is great cause it reminds me of when my mom fractured 3 bones and they almost opened up the wrong leg for surgery but she wasnt 100% out yet and corrected them right before it

so I was reading back and...

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

You're awesome. Nice job!

also, this was on the same page, seems like no one has taken it yet, so go for it

So basically im like 0/20000 for FTL giveaways and I've given up hope. So here's an awesomenauts key so someone can be happy :D. Winner will also get the cluck costume DLC.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-26F71786408C42CF

jtb

Banned
another:

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-F1AAC98232FE36F3 - Taken by Spiffy_1st

hitmon

surgeon simulator is great cause it reminds me of when my mom fractured 3 bones and they almost opened up the wrong leg for surgery but she wasnt 100% out yet and corrected them right before it

That is not something I'd want to experience. Glad she caught them.

PriitV

So much tragedy in your family related to the leg region. I worry about you.

Tactics

Since ive grabbed 2 giveaways, whats something I can give away that hasn't been given away 100s of times already?

AKA what would be your ideal give away ~10$ you want to win

This might be useful to you:
(from the beginning of this thread)

Most given away games:
39 Hotline Miami
18 FTL
15 Dear Esther
14 Waking Mars
12 Anomaly Warzone Earth
12 Aquaria
12 Just Cause 2
12 McPixel
12 Mystery Game #1
11 English Country Tune

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Offspring Fling -- MB-15241BF8ADF8EA91
Tiny & Big In Grampa's Leftovers -- MB-3D21B298831BF375 - Taken by Empty Space
Serious Sam Double D -- MB-AF2702F39CCEA367 - Taken by panthapanda
Little Inferno -- MB-AA7C1597248931E3 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

Thanks for the game!

Almighty

I hope the next flash deals are something interesting.

Anyway I am done with ModBot for the rest of the sale. Time to let others get a chance. Just let me just thank all those who gave me games Sykotik, perfect free, Fireblend, YianGaruga, SephirothRK(twice). People like you are what makes NeoGAF such a great place.

I hope those who got games from me are enjoying them.

Martian

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

Awwww yissss

I am the last baby! No one can stop me now

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
im glad Hotline Miami is the most given away

It's definitely a fantastic game, however many people are saying that's it's best played on a controller, yet I found the game to be so precise and quick, does the controller support come with locking on or something?

Salsa

It's definitely a fantastic game, however many people are saying that's it's best played on a controller, yet I found the game to be so precise and quick, does the controller support come with locking on or something?

controller fucking sucks

I think they patched it and made it a bit better but the game is way better on kb/m, specially if you're going for high scores

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Offspring Fling -- MB-15241BF8ADF8EA91
Tiny & Big In Grampa's Leftovers -- MB-3D21B298831BF375 - Taken by Empty Space
Serious Sam Double D -- MB-AF2702F39CCEA367 - Taken by panthapanda
Little Inferno -- MB-AA7C1597248931E3 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Thanks bakeray!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm happy to see a lot of Aquaria give aways (even though they were likely all stray bundle copies!)

NOW PLAY IT.

MrGerbils

eyy guys, is there a gaf steam usergroup? also, i just tried FTL for the first time. its a fun game but there's two things i don't understand: 1) what's the point of the game; to explore the systems before the enemy catches you or to escape as quickly as possible? 2) are the first 5 systems indicative of the entire game? jump fight jump fight jump freestuff jump store, etc?

Think of it sorta like a modern Oregon Trail in outer space. You travel along from point to point deciding your path and trying to keep your crew alive until you make it to the end. You'll also unlock new ships and discover new upgrades and such. Really gets challenging in later systems, even on easy really.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
controller fucking sucks

I think they patched it and made it a bit better but the game is way better on kb/m, specially if you're going for high scores

Yeah I thought so, I'm also wondering how different the Vita and PS3 version handles compared to the PC version, surely slight gameplay changes had to occur in order for it to play as smoothly as it does on PC.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Also speaking of Hotline Miami, I love the fact that the entire soundtrack is found in the game directory, it's such an incredible musical experience by itself, let alone included with a stellar game.

Mordeccai

I just saw pacific rim. Mind fucking blown. Lets keep my mind a pile of grey, mushy matter with some hopefully awesome flash deals here in a few minutes Steam.

Specifically, System Shock 2. If that doesn't win the vote.... I will not be cancelling the apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom