• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

System Shock 2 wins!!!!!

Praise the Gaben!

gaben.jpg

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, got Offspring Fling. Friend told me it's awesome, played for 2 hours. Still don't believe him :D will see for myself now..

It takes up to 2 hours to "beat" and then from underneath this cute little puzzle platformer creeps out what could easily be compared with Super Meat Boy in terms of difficulty XD

jtb

Banned
yay SS2!

I normal play steam on my PC desktop but for the next semester I'll be on a macbook pro and only have access to offline steam because uni blocks the ports.
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any good cheap games that don't need to be played online- sort of games I'm into include Civ V, Dota 2, FTL, Super Meat Boy or those sort of games?

I've been doing a lot of MBA gaming lately; do you like Paradox games (ie. Europa Universalis III, Crusader Kings II)? I am fiendishly addicted to their games, they'll run well on a MBP (though I recommend Boot Camp if you do, the ports/Steamplay can be hit/miss) so I'd check that out if you're into strategy games. actually, on second thought, do NOT get CK II w/o Boot Camp, it is hideously optimized on OSX, but their other port jobs seem fine.

also, XCOM runs fine if you don't have that already. it's fun. turn the settings down a bit, still looks pretty decent and won't melt your computer, which is always a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom