• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockx4

System Shock 2 will be the first game I buy on this sale.

I'm deciding if I want to get it, dunno if I'll ever get around to it and I have enough games sitting in my library doing nothing.

Has the game aged well in terms of gameplay? I don't really mind aged graphics that much.

Exeunt

Prob just steam being steam.

ssw7sxm.png

Just checked and it's there for me too.

You guys better not turn this masterpiece into a card generator!

Salsa

How so? I mean, sure, some got it for 1 cent, but how long did that last? And how many people actually got it for that price?

It's not like the Dirt 3 incident, where anyone who want it could get it for free.

I know enough people a mentality such that the fact that they COULD have just bought the game for $0.01 means they'll have a hard time deciding wether or not to get it now with a discount.

So with SS2 on sale, which class to pick Soldier, Engineer or the psychic one?

SS New player tips:

* Play in the dark with some good headphones or similar setup.
* If in doubt, go Navy.
* Skills like hacking will make your life easier.
* Psionics are fun but difficult. You might want to stick with weapons your first time through.

I know enough people a mentality such that the fact that they COULD have just bought the game for $0.01 means they'll have a hard time deciding wether or not to get it now with a discount.

Yup. There are a bunch of people on here too. Got alot of joke PMs for my LL key. I thought this was NeoGAF, not cheapassgamer.

EDIT: What sucks is that this game is really good and deserves support. That shipped sailed for the time being because of Best Buy.

Flash sale better be Anodyne or I'm gonna get more angry.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Darksiders II -- MB-9DBEC6EEB685D856 - Taken by yoshizzle
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-73BD0EDCAD88D29C - Taken by Yondy604

XCOM key might not work.

Exeunt

SS New player tips:

* Play in the dark with some good headphones or similar setup.
* If in doubt, go Navy.
* Skills like hacking will make your life easier.
* Psionics are fun but difficult. You might want to stick with weapons your first time through.

Also, you can adjust enemy respawn and gun degradation rates in a user.cfg file if you find the game too challenging.

M.D

Did I get Steam cards right? ? Basically, there are games which gives you cards, and once you collect a set you can craft badges which gives you coupons and such?

How do you get cards? by simply playing the games that support them? and you can then select to sell the cards instead of crafting badges? what's the difference between the normal and foil cards?

Do you guys think Tomb Raider is worth getting at $12.49? I'm usually cheap on these sales and only buy at $10 or less but I'm curious about this one.

Smash88

Banned
There is nothing Steam can put up on the Flash Sale that will make me buy anything. I'm just curious to see what comes up.

EDIT: Called it. My wallet is safe for tonight.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I don't control ModBot, but I don't think Stump would be happy with people giving away keys from sites like those. They come with a risk that I'm sure people wouldn't want to take unknowingly.

Ok. Found this site while I was browsing kinguin.net, it had 99% positive feedback. Sorry :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom