• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

And with that, it is time for me to idle some games, and head off to sleep.

Good night, gaffers. Will check back in when the new dailys show their faces.

I'm in there.

letsdothisiksbn.png

Smash88

Banned
Called it - all garbage.

Simcity 4 don't care.

Metro Last Light I got with my Titan for free.

Balancing my Budget.... Really?

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars - No thanks, not my cup of tea.

And System Shock 2 is way to old and something that would not be fun to play. I guess it's a nostalgia factor for many here.

Voted for Mark of the Ninja.

I love you all, good night see you at 1pm EST.

M.D

You get cards by playing the games

the is no difference between normal and foil besides the price. but you do get a foil badge instead of normal badge

You can sell the cards if you don't want them

Just have the game open for a couple of hours and you'll get the cards in your inventory. You can sell them for steam credit if you don't care about the badges.

If you get a set of foil cards you can craft a foil badge.

Is there a limit to the number of cards you can get while playing a game/leaving it open?

3phemeral

eh I wouldnt call SS2 a straight up horror game but then again if you couldnt finish RE4 then yea..

RE4 is not that scary... play RE remake, zero and 2....;)

I'm weaksauce, what can I say? :) The monk's chanting in the caste did it for me. When my friend asked me how far I was in the game, I told her I was stuck with no ammo in the castle. She proceeded to headshot each monk and show me how it's done. I still never finished it. *_*

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Love that You Need a Budget is on the flash sales, also voted for Mark of the Ninja because I really want to play that eventually.

cripterion

Snatched tomb raider collection, borderlands 2 + season pass and hitman absolution for the price of a full game. Not bad Steam, not bad!

Also street fighter x tekken is surprisingly good! Enjoying it more than MK9 and the other street fighter.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
not sure why anyone would buy metro simplygames sells it for £15 and there sister site simply downloads sells it for £15 download

Smash88

Banned
Objectively wrong.

Have you played it?

Look like I hit a nerve here. I think to play it in this day and age it really is not something I would waste money on. The only reason I would re-buy doom today would be due to nostalgia, otherwise the game by today's standards is simplistic and pretty bad.

No I haven't played it, but I've seen footage and people streaming it. No thanks. Too old.

I am sticking with my conclusion that this love is largely fueled by nostalgia.

<3 you too baby. Good night.

I'll make that call, I've never played it and bad graphics don't bother me.

The graphics are a slight turn off, but with mods I could accept it, but based on what I've seen it's not something that IS AMAZING I MUST HAVE IT. It's more to the nostalgia factor - I grew up with this fantastic game from my childhood/teen days and I can enjoy it once again - playing it once and never touching it again.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Oh no, I didn't know Bad Rats was part of the TR franchise? ;)

Dude, anything would be amazing. What would be good for someone who hadn't played them before? Cheers Timedog.

I'll just get you whatever has the best metacritic scores since I've only played a couple of the old tomb raiders.

Give me your steam profile URL so I can add you.

Exeunt

And System Shock 2 is way to old and something that would not be fun to play. I guess it's a nostalgia factor for many here.

Maybe it's partly because I don't have many PC games to compare it to, but I played System Shock 2 for the first time this year and thought the first 80% or so was fantastic.

tylerf

Man, the guy who is selling The Descent foil should raise the price. He's the only one on the market.

People just don't buy them because they know they'll be worth nothing quickly. I was the only one with a civ 5 foil and within 2 hours it was down to peanuts.

El Odio

Banned
Great to see SS2 won. I always wanted to try it and thanks to a few card sales it only cost a dollar to buy. Only problem now is I'm 2 cents away from getting another summer card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom