• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

I voted for SS2 even though I probably won't play it. Even for that ridiculous price, I always get antsy with Horror FPSs. Loved RE4 but couldn't finish it either. :)

Well, I was half right.

Budget is on sale.

Guys, if you need budgeting help or software, get it at this budget price.

No, seriously. Get it.

M.D

Posting again, it was lost in all dat flash deals excitement!

Did I get Steam cards right? ? Basically, there are games which gives you cards, and once you collect a set you can craft badges which gives you coupons and such?

How do you get cards? by simply playing the games that support them? and you can then select to sell the cards instead of crafting badges? what's the difference between the normal and foil cards?

Salsa

I voted for SS2 even though I probably won't play it. Even for that ridiculous price, I always get antsy with Horror FPSs. Loved RE4 but couldn't finish it either. :)

eh I wouldnt call SS2 a straight up horror game but then again if you couldnt finish RE4 then yea..

Tellaerin

I look at the flash sales and what do I see?

capsule_231x87.jpg

Someone at Valve has a sense of humor.

rockx4

Did SS2 kill steam?

Edit: So many errors trying to buy it, but I bought it, it better be really fucken good given how much everyone was talking it up.

Deques

Did I get Steam cards right? ? Basically, there are games which gives you cards, and once you collect a set you can craft badges which gives you coupons and such?

How do you get cards? by simply playing the games that support them? and you can then select to sell the cards instead of crafting badges? what's the difference between the normal and foil cards?

You get cards by playing the games

the is no difference between normal and foil besides the price. but you do get a foil badge instead of normal badge

You can sell the cards if you don't want them

Exeunt

any cool mods i.e. hd pack or something I remember hearing about that a few years ago.

toddhunter has you covered I think!

User.cfg should be configured like this:

Code:
[OPTIONS]
/s
/n="System Shock 2"
[REQUIREMENTS]

gun_degrade_rate X

Where X is a value between 0 and 1 as a percentage of the original game's degradation rate, which some find too punishing.

Gregorn

Just have the game open for a couple of hours and you'll get the cards in your inventory. You can sell them for steam credit if you don't care about the badges.

If you get a set of foil cards you can craft a foil badge.

jtb

Banned
I hope this isn't serious.

The game came out not even three months ago and it's 40% off. Having a pricing error for a few minutes doesn't devalue a game so much that they can never sell another copy again. That's fucking asinine.

great deal, its a new game. the 1 cent sale really botched perception of sales

i know, i know. i was trying to take advantage of the visual symmetry between LOL and LL and now look like an ass :(

also steam sales in general devalue my perception of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom