• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up, glad to see SS2 actually won this time. So we're voting for Mark of the Ninja I take it? Already own that amazing game and the others don't interest me.

SumGamer

I was considering buying The Witcher 2. Unsure if it would be good since I have never played any of the game before.

I also spotted this great discount on the bundle package.
5oyQJsn.png

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Games that have been completely funded by cards:

System Shock 2
Scribblenauts
Half Minute Hero
Nimbus
Fly'n
Mcpixel
They Bleed Pixels
Penny Arcade 4
Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider 1 + 2
Mutant Blobs
Tropico 4
Field Runners 2
To The Moon
Noitu Love 2

$0 spent lol

everything i got has been funded by cards...but im running low and cards have turned to ass on the market...i still need to get tomb raider...and dishonored...and fall of the samurai.Hopefully the next few days more games i have will be released with cards.

Wolfie5

As someone who has played all 3 games that you can vote on:

Mark of Ninja - A great fun game (stealth)
Orcs must die 2 - A great fun game (tower defence)
Deadlight - Good looking, but boring game. Don't vote for this.

Games that have been completely funded by cards:

System Shock 2
Scribblenauts
Half Minute Hero
Nimbus
Fly'n
Mcpixel
They Bleed Pixels
Penny Arcade 4
Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider 1 + 2
Mutant Blobs
Tropico 4
Field Runners 2
To The Moon
Noitu Love 2

$0 spent lol

Nice i have a similar amount of games plus some presale things like the sonic pack just from card sales.

sapsari

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-4EF689B6DA0FD335 - Taken by Valygar
Psychonauts -- MB-AF68D89B069EE5A9 - Taken by ashbash159
The MAW -- MB-74958876499097AB
have fun

I was considering buying The Witcher 2. Unsure if it would be good since I have never played any of the game before.

I also spotted this great discount on the bundle package.
5oyQJsn.png
Witcher 2 is very good, however the latest patch have broke the game for some people, you may need to search for a fix(it's simple though).

Oublieux

I can understand the alure of older games from childhood (chrono trigger, DD vs BT, etc.) but SS2 kinda looks like something i would have a hard time playing with those graphics.

I know some people care about graphics and I can understand how a pretty game can help the player immerse themselves in the game but SS2 is just so good... Even by today's standards I feel like the atmosphere and game narrative were well done. The gameplay can get clunky at times but it's easily tolerable. I wouldn't dismiss the game just because of graphics. A lot of today's games are just a shiny coat of paint and no depth.

Just letting everyone know that Timedog is awesome, he actually gifted me Bad Rats. Oh yeah, he sent me something called Tomb Raider Anniversary as well.

Props to Timedog ;)

Just letting everyone know that Timedog is awesome, he actually gifted me Bad Rats. Oh yeah, he sent me something called Tomb Raider Anniversary as well.

Props to Timedog ;)

Heh, Timedog asked me if I wanted Metro: Last Light, but since he hasn't responded, I'm pretty sure he was joking. :p

Giving this a go. Hopefully it'll build me some Karma to finally win a modbot giveaway lol

It's not much but someone should get some enjoyment out of it. Happy Steaming.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Psychonauts -- MB-1DE8DFA7203848E8 - Taken by Blue Ninja

Grabbed System Shock 2.

Think I'll head to bed as I don't have to worry about FTL and the Flash sale doesn't have anything that interests me. Hopeing the Daily Deals are really good tomorrow/today.

Mupod

Oh jesus the guy who won my civilization 5 giveaway yesterday has been playing for like 12 hours and counting. I'm a monster.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Heh, Timedog asked me if I wanted Metro: Last Light, but since he hasn't responded, I'm pretty sure he was joking. :p

I was just trolling cause you trolled me with the Just Cause 2 code (after I trolled you, of course). Just trolls on trolls on trolls. Best Buy still hadn't canceled all my Metro orders at the point, and if some of them somehow by some insane magic went through I was gonna give one to ya. They got canceled :(

3phemeral

Oh jesus the guy who won my civilization 5 giveaway yesterday has been playing for like 12 hours and counting. I'm a monster.

When I got it on sale from Amazon, it came with Civ IV and XCOM. I had no idea what it was about, but I found myself playing Civ 5 for 3 days straight. *_*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom