• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I just now started looking at the market, even though I've had Steam for 7 years and TF2 since it came out, did I fuck up by giving away my Earbuds (from getting my Macbook) item to a random person a few years ago? Or are those not even marketable anymore?
They're not marketable, but ya fucked up. Coulda traded it for about $30 worth of marketable stuff.

derExperte

Since I just now started looking at the market, even though I've had Steam for 7 years and TF2 since it came out, did I fuck up by giving away my Earbuds (from getting my Macbook) item to a random person a few years ago? Or are those not even marketable anymore?

Yes, you made someone very happy. But you can't sell those on the official Steam market for money.

crozier

Oh... So cards aren't like achievements...
They are. Just not in the traditional sense because you earn them by interacting with the Steam community rather than through gameplay feats.

EDIT: Maybe more sinister than achievements too. Same OCD desire to collect, but they make you pony up for them.

Exeunt

I'm going to bed now, but if anyone is feeling generous, masterkajo gave me a good price on Morrowind a while back and he has System Shock 2 on his wishlist. I tried gifting it to him, but Steam literally won't take my money and I'm afraid it's too early in the morning here to keep trying!

Tak3n

Banned
if anyone is on the fence, I can recommend Orcs Must Die 2, excellent little game, and once you finish it you unlock Nightmare mode...

and that is crazy

ive never played ss2. heard awesome things about it but it's a 14 year old game. worth getting at this point?
Worth getting, but going in you have to realize you're not going to be enjoying it as an FPS. I mean, it's first person, and you can shoot, but it's about the least enjoyable interaction to be had in the game. Play it, get lost in a ship full of monsters, soak up the atmosphere.

ib0MmE9jp7Qnzm.PNG

People stahp

I'm eyeing the Tomb Raider collection, but I just want to ask something before I bite the bullet. Do I have to deal with any silly DRM from these games?
But that's correct, new dailies and new flash deals in 7hrs.
Oh jeez

This is what 12+ hours of fighting game streams does to a man. EVO and Steam sales on a single weekend is a recipe for disaster.

Wolfie5

How is Might and Magic Heroes 6? Can't decide if I should buy it now.

I still play HOMM 3 from time to time, one of my all time favourite games. Did not like HOMM 4. I thought HOMM 5 was alright, not as good as HOMM3, but had some fun playing it.

Is Might and Magic Heroes 6 as good/better than HOMM 5?

The_Monk

Good Morning fellow GAFfer, hope everyone is doing fine.

What did I miss while I was in my dreams? I saw that System Shock 2 won! :)

Anything else?

derExperte

Oh jeez

This is what 12+ hours of fighting game streams does to a man. EVO and Steam sales on a single weekend is a recipe for disaster.

I had a few Steam-time-problems myself last week. Happens to everyone.

And speaking of everyone, everyone who bought System Shock 2 look at the credits, funny stuff.

Raytow

How is Might and Magic Heroes 6? Can't decide if I should buy it now.

I still play HOMM 3 from time to time, one of my all time favourite games. Did not like HOMM 4. I thought HOMM 5 was alright, not as good as HOMM3, but had some fun playing it.

Is Might and Magic Heroes 6 as good/better than HOMM 5?

Is good probably better than 5, as long as you acknowledge that HOMM 3 will be the epitome of the franchise, and it will never be surpassed or even matched, you can enjoy them.

Onionkid

Hope they find a good home!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aquanox 2 -- MB-CE76233B5B233CE9 - Taken by liezryou
A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-217B938FD0F40D82 - Taken by Kifimbo

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lol at the card undercutting. They're valueless trinkets and the market has spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom