• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at someone's profile and saw Xelios at level 86 and thought "Whoa!", then saw someone on Xelios' profile at level 96! I almost soiled my pantaloons!

Edit: And there's a 99 on the 96 guy/gal's list. Pantaloons = shat!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
sure, but it might be hassle to be on top of it but in my experience it has been worth it. There's enough cards now (at least for people with a similar amount of games than me) that you can make a significant amount of dough

Oh I'm not contending that there's some value for people who do want to make money, more that people shouldn't be too concerned with undercutting and plummeting prices. It was destined to happen given what the cards are, how they're distributed, and the sale. Just sell for whatever and go from there. Especially now the market is flooded.

And it makes the game devs/pubs happy because they sell more games. I would never have bought that Dinosaurs one without the cards. Or Triple Town. Fuck Triple Town.

Agreed. That is a benefit.

Well 5 hours of runing your computer for... 20 cents hard to justify at some point.

This too. If you actually factor in the electricity cost it's probably not worth it. But, you know, I want that meaningless trinket on my profile page :<. A sad, pathetic part of me probably things by maxing out my Half-Life badge I'll summon Half-Life 3 into existence.

Apparently there are some issues with Nvidia drivers and Just Cause 2. Damn, now I need to hope they fix it soon, I was eager to play it.

Divius

System Shock 2, y/n?

I heard great things but don't know if it's for me. Someone sell me on it. What other games does it compare to?

PriitV

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

50-50 #1 -- MB-EC4A18D64DADF2A6 - Taken by NingenJanai
ModBot said:
50-50 #2 -- MB-D538009CAC971153 - Taken by Kandrick
One of them is Bad Rats and the other one is System Shock 2. Pick carefully and don't yell at me :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
System Shock 2, y/n?

I heard great things but don't know if it's for me. Someone sell me on it. What other games does it compare to?

Think BioShock, but somewhat less forgiving. In terms of gameplay systems they're virtually identical, but Shock 2 places a larger focus on player intelligence. It's one of the finest games ever made.

what card

GeForce 660. I have this weird "streaking" effect going on while playing, by which I do not mean that Rico's running around naked, but that there's strange streaks running through the sky. Did some checking, and apparently it has something to do with the latest drivers I installed.

Salsa

posting this before bed since the prices are a bit better than last year's:

iYYL2YyqE145m.png

---> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622721 <----

might be worth a look

Enco

Surely Valve knew how the card market would turn to shit?

I guess they still make $0.01 on each sale which is plenty for them.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-78EAD3BDF7023C91 - Taken by Shadowplay1979

Hopefully someone might enjoy it.

Munin

I'm currently on holiday in a different country and wanted to buy System Shock 2 with my Steam wallet funds but it won't let me :( it just keeps saying:

"The current payment method does not match the country of the store. The cart has been converted and the updated total will show on the next page. You may also review your cart here, or change your payment method below."

but I can't actually continue. When I click "Continue" the same message keeps popping up. I'm guessing by the time I get a response from Supprt SS2 will cost more again :(

Right, you never know who wants free stuff, I guess.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-F802249C3082B98F

I'm currently on holiday in a different country and wanted to buy System Shock 2 with my Steam wallet funds but it won't let me :( it just keeps saying:

"The current payment method does not match the country of the store. The cart has been converted and the updated total will show on the next page. You may also review your cart here, or change your payment method below."

but I can't actually continue. When I click "Continue" the same message keeps popping up. I'm guessing by the time I get a response from Supprt SS2 will cost more again :(

Can't someone buy it and gift it to you? I would, but I need to watch my finances closely. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom