• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Did you only sleep like 3 hours or have I been awake too long?

I slept 7 hours fellow GAFfer. Guess who needs some sleep now? :p

Someone dissed System Shock 2 and Doom for being too old or something. Was terrible, be glad you missed it.

To me, games are timeless. I can play them anytime no matter when they were released. There's no "too old" for me.

I hope we're all voting for 75% off Mark of the Ninja.

Such a great game, I really liked the Story (the ending too) and all the Stealth (if you choose it that way).

ib0MmE9jp7Qnzm.PNG

People stahp
The power of the free markets!
Lol at the card undercutting. They're valueless trinkets and the market has spoken.
My foil is worth as much as regular cards. This shall not stand.

SHarris78

Help needed please !

Been using steam for years but only for buying and playing games solo, nothing else. Only have 3 friends in my list but would love to add some Gaffers and get more involved in the community side of steam (gifting etc.).

My user name is SHarris78, please would some of you kind souls add me?

xBlain

Every should have one.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly: Warzone Earth #1 -- MB-C2EDCCE29EEE35C8 - Taken by Neki
Anomaly: Warzone Earth #2 -- MB-CCB5B206F54F601A - Taken by Blablurn

xDEKOIx

Blah.. Still trying to sell card to purchase Half Minute Hero. Anyone want to put me out of my misery and make a trade? I'll offer 2 games ~

You have to be over a certain level to get foil cards?

Wait, how do you even gain levels on Steam? :eek:

No, my first foil, and first card was at level one.

You gain levels by crafting badges. Go to the badges section under your profile and start with the community tasks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yep. I have some cards sitting in the market at €0,10, and they're still not selling.

I did too. Dropped a few to stupid prices because I don't want them.

Once the Summer Sale dust has settled, I'll be going on a badge spending spree.

Yep, I'm going to do the same, and I've been doing it now. 5 cards, unlock 3, spend 40c if that to complete the pack. You could probably buy a whole badge for the more popular games for ~$1.20.

they add up bro

They do, I agree, but that's the only way to find real value. With the exception of rare foils, and probably super rare DOTA2/TF2 items, most people don't seem to give a shit about card value, because in the end their value is trivial. Worsened by the Steam sale too.

Valve has probably made a few thousand dollars off transaction fees alone from them lol

Yep, and like Salsa said it adds up. Genius move by their marketing department. Trivial, relatively useless and meaningless digital goods tied to a collectable system. Doesn't matter if cards are selling for 5c. Valve gets a cut, and a lot are selling for 5c. Money from nothing.

Yep, I'm going to do the same, and I've been doing it now. 5 cards, unlock 3, spend 40c if that to complete the pack. You could probably buy a whole badge for the more popular games for ~$1.20.

Especially when you get a summer sale card drop that sells at maybe 0.25. Only an issue if you get duplicates.

Gvaz

Banned
I did too. Dropped a few to stupid prices because I don't want them.

They do, I agree, but that's the only way to find real value. With the exception of rare foils, and probably super rare DOTA2/TF2 items, most people don't seem to give a shit about card value, because in the end their value is trivial. Worsened by the Steam sale too.

When I get paid next week I'm just gonna drop like 10 bucks and get as many of the cards as I can and just get to level 5 in everything

Salsa

sure, but it might be hassle to be on top of it but in my experience it has been worth it. There's enough cards now (at least for people with a similar amount of games than me) that you can make a significant amount of dough

derExperte

Yep, and like Salsa said it adds up. Genius move by their marketing department. Trivial, relatively useless and meaningless digital goods tied to a collectable system. Doesn't matter if cards are selling for 5c. Valve gets a cut, and a lot are selling for 5c. Money from nothing.

And it makes the game devs/pubs happy because they sell more games. I would never have bought that Dinosaurs one without the cards. Or Triple Town. Fuck Triple Town.

I wouldn't mind shooting out a gift via modbot but can't work out how to grab the key. any help?

Read the OP, it's in there.

liezryou

I wouldn't mind shooting out a gift via modbot but can't work out how to grab the key. any help?

Read the OP! Basically you send it as a gift to your own email, copy the gift URL from there and then msg it to modbot as the key. Or you could just give it to me.

Uh, sent 2 gift codes to modbot and only got one in return :S And stump is asleep :(

Just message modbot again with the second code?

Seanspeed

Banned
The latter. The former is a an appreciable concept let down by sloppy execution; MotN, on the other hand, is 2D stealth perfection.
Ok. Deadlight did look pretty cool, but yea, everybody seems to think Mark of the Ninja is a godly game. I'll go with that. I'm not a *huge* stealth game fan, but I can usually get into anything that is done very well.

Well 5 hours of runing your computer for... 20 cents hard to justify at some point.

SHarris78

Forgot to ask, how do I get an invite to join the Steam Neogaf group?

In store related news, broke down and bought Tomb Raider and Euro Trucking Simulator 2!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Forgot to ask, how do I get an invite to join the Steam Neogaf group?

In store related news, broke down and bought Tomb Raider and Euro Trucking Simulator 2!

Post a link to your profile and someone here will invite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom