• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Bad Rats, in all likelihood, has better gameplay than BioInf, anyway.

tumblr_mkem5dws2e1s5zhruo8.gif

even your fuckin reaction gifs feature scorsese romulan now?

smr00

Banned
So I'm playing System Shock 2 now. I haven't played it before. I'm a bit over an hour and wow. Is this REALLY by the same people that made Bioshock?

This game is so good so far.
If you haven't modded it yet i highly suggest you spend 30 minutes to an hour researching and installing mods.

At this low price i might have have to double dip and get the steam version.

Did they put YNAB there to mock all of us? And also, should I get it? Can someone attest to its effectiveness?

I'm using it, and I find it really good. It's really about organizing the way you spend money, by "giving each dollar a job" as they say.

For me it's working quite well (except during the Steam sales ^^).

I bet Bad Rats makes more money being known as one of the worse games on steam and gifted as a joke than if it was a relatively-unknown decent indie game.

liezryou

Is SS2 really that good, like i said earlier the graphics are a huge turn off for me. I just cant play a shooter like that. I have no issues with other retro games.

Onionkid

Oh god, I'm installing and preparing myself mentally to play Bad Rats right now. If my hard drive fails/gets cancer, I'm holding you responsible, Kandrick!

Is SS2 really that good, like i said earlier the graphics are a huge turn off for me. I just cant play a shooter like that. I have no issues with other retro games.
If you go into it expecting a shooter you might find more disappointment than just graphics.

It's a standout game that deserves to be played if you can make it past shallow superficialities.

So I'm guessing there is no strange DRM or Squeenix account requirements for any of the Tomb Raider games like FF VII?

*eyes TR collection nervously*

smr00

Banned
Shooter?

Also, there are texture/graphic mods for SS2, it won't make it look super amazing but it makes it look better.

So I'm guessing there is no strange DRM or Squeenix account requirements for any of the Tomb Raider games like FF VII?

*eyes TR collection nervously*
FFVII has online DRM for cloud saving.

older TR games i have no idea.. I just bought them all and didn't install them

Salsa

The Bad Rats developer are idiots tho. It's amazing how at this point they didnt just make like.. anything, a fuckin screensaver or something and call it Bad Rats 2
or Rad Bats
and put it up. People would lose their shit. They're sitting on money.

masterkajo

The Bad Rats developer are idiots tho. It's amazing how at this point they didnt just make like.. anything, a fuckin screensaver or something and call it Bad Rats 2
or Rad Bats

Also, why doesn't Bad Rats have cards?

We're almost at level 100: http://steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert And by 'we' I mean the insane people.

Ah good times. Remember when he bought my foil for a
not so but still much more than you'd get today
high price.

PriitV

or Rad Bats

I want to see how much money they've made with the sale.

Salsa

gonna hit the bed, keep in mind that this means giveaways will be permitted once again when I wake up in about 5 hours, k thx

AxeMan

I'm using it, and I find it really good. It's really about organizing the way you spend money, by "giving each dollar a job" as they say.

For me it's working quite well (except during the Steam sales ^^).

Yep, it's quite good.

The graphs are pretty too.

Bonus is that you don't need Steam either once you've bought it through Steam.
It puts the serial key in the YNAB directory so you can download YNAB from the devs and re-install it anywhere you like, then re-register it with the serial that Steam had

kafiend

I'm currently on holiday in a different country and wanted to buy System Shock 2 with my Steam wallet funds but it won't let me :( it just keeps saying:

"The current payment method does not match the country of the store. The cart has been converted and the updated total will show on the next page. You may also review your cart here, or change your payment method below."

but I can't actually continue. When I click "Continue" the same message keeps popping up. I'm guessing by the time I get a response from Supprt SS2 will cost more again :(

Try using a browser to buy and add /?cc=xx to the end of the URL. Where xx = your home country code. This should make Steam match the store to your usual home country where funds were added previously or transactions made.

In the UK this would make the steam store look like http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk and for America http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us etc.

IMPORTANT! You might have manually add the /?cc=xx part to each page and then refresh on every new page until you begin to process payment.

smr00

Banned
Wonder how much money you have to spend to get level 100.

Unless people are just giving you cards there is no way in hell you getting 99 this fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom