• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aranath

I'm glad SS2 got the community choice. I've already got it on GOG.com, but for anyone who is even remotely on the fence, pick it up! Particularly if you're a fan of the Bioshocks or even Deus Ex.

Is Sim City 4 worth picking up? I seem to remember people stating around the time of the new Sim City comng out that 4 was far better.

Also, could I get an invite to the GAF group on steam?

Profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/aranath/

Apdiddy

I picked up Preicipice of Darkness 4, Tomb Raider Collection and now System Shock 2. I'm tempted to get Stardrive but considering I haven't put any time in Civ V, I'm not sure I need another 4X game.

So this Dark Messiah game.. Sell me on it GAF.

goblin_funnsuyj.gif

Stoze

Played Surgeon Sim for like an hour, was totally worth the purchase. Love all the little things you can mess with on your desk outside the actual operations.

OTIX

You don't need SS2Tool as far as I know.
Just shove the mods in the folder "DataPermanentMods"

Ok thanks, I'll try that. The modding guide says:

"First off, you will need to make your game mod-able by installing the latest version of the excellent mod SS2Tool. An existing version is included in the GOG/Steam versions, but it is out of date and missing many essential features."

But the guide seems to be from before the Steam version was patched.

Annubis

Ok thanks, I'll try that. The modding guide says:

"First off, you will need to make your game mod-able by installing the latest version of the excellent mod SS2Tool. An existing version is included in the GOG/Steam versions, but it is out of date and missing many essential features."

But the guide seems to be from before the Steam version was patched.

Yup, the new version comes already ready for mods.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So this Dark Messiah game.. Sell me on it GAF.

It is what he good folks at Arkane made before Dishonored. I made a post n the other thread that if you liked that you should give DMoM&M a try. Combat starts off a little sluggish but by mid game is it brilliant and Arkane always shines with good level design.

Don't use the Tracker, search for the card on the market and look against what prices you compete. If there are no offers and you're the only one, you decide the price. Just go really high, there are always a few insane people buying them - just to be the first one on their friendlist getting that badge.
Good idea. I was using the tracker and basing the prices around that (higher or lower) until now but that's a much better idea, thanks.

liezryou

Someone gimme some badrats love, i could use some -1 to my steam library.

Also [until supplies last] i can sell euro truck simulator 2 for 10$ via paypal for all you that said u were interested in it in the last view pages.

SparkTR

They did it for the cards.

Seems so strange that not long ago the game was pretty much stuck in 1999, notoriously hard to get running on modern machines, impossible to find without spending over $100 on a physical box. Now it runs perfectly, has modern gimmicks like cards and a Mac version. Insane.

Prophane33

Someone gimme some badrats love, i could use some -1 to my steam library.

Also [until supplies last] i can sell euro truck simulator 2 for 10$ via paypal for all you that said u were interested in it in the last view pages.

Would you be interested in trading for another 9.99 game?

Time for bed/nap. Stay beautiful everyone, I better not be too far from the top of the charts when I return *disappears in a puff of pink smoke and rat blood*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom