• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimajneb

The game I wanted actually won? It's a miracle. I'll actually be playing this one for the card, rather than idling.

So what is peoples feel about the sale so far? When I read gaf last year, it was much more rage about bad discounts than this year.

I got several games just from just the money I got from selling cards, this is the best sale ever. Pricewise, deals still don't seem as good as they used to be. But several games I've wanted hit new low prices this year, so it hasn't been bad.

Ah, aren't flash deals usually the lowest discounted price?

ilnRBXa3tuIwI.gif

I think I asked yesterday and everyone focused on the graphics, but has SS2 aged well? Gameplay, controls, and level design wise?

Me and older games don't always mix well, but I enjoyed the Bioshock games and like survival sci fi horror

I think I asked yesterday and everyone focused on the graphics, but has SS2 aged well? Gameplay, controls, and level design wise?

Me and older games don't always mix well, but I enjoyed the Bioshock games and like survival sci fi horror

I've played a little bit of the GOG version. You might want to adjust the controls.

BUT there is a chance Valve screw up at the start and makes it 91% off for a very short while.

This is correct. A small enough chance to assume that it won't happen for the game you want, but one nonetheless.

I will likely have some unexpected free time this afternoon (I'm a dad with a very active three-year-old), so I'm strongly considering buying the slightly discounted Rogue Legacy only because I want it so badly.

It was nice knowing you. I'll take my ban like a pro.

omg_mjd

Wasn't skyrim already on a deal?

The first day? That was a flash sale for Skyrim Legendary Edition. Skyrim vanilla will probably still go on sale since it wasn't given an extra discount.

Also, it's one of the featured games in the summer getaway trading cards. That implies that it will be part of a Daily Deal.

VandalD

I love Orcs Must Die 2, but Mark of the Ninja has to get my vote. Such a badass stealth game. Expecting OMD2 to win so people can pick up DLC on sale.

Prophane33

It was a Flash Sale, and they're easy to miss since they run for just 8 hours.

Notsureifsarcasm.gif

IMHO, if you live in North or South America (Edited to please my Canadian overlords) and have a smartphone then there is zero reason for you to miss a flash sale. I can understand people in weird time zones or that don't have decent phones missing them.

Deques

The first day? That was a flash sale for Skyrim Legendary Edition. Skyrim vanilla will probably still go on sale since it wasn't given an extra discount.

I do hope that the vanilla + dlcs will be discounted. But the chance it will go lower is not likely

That's not true, in the winter sale there was a game that was discounted for less in a flash sale after it was put in the daily. I forget which one.

This is correct. A small enough chance to assume that it won't happen for the game you want, but one nonetheless.

And it was Sleeping Dogs. I remember because I got Nightmare in North Point from it.

Morning all, Just woke up, glad ss2 won the vote. Can't decide my next vote, any suggestions?

<-

smr00

Banned
Wish you told me sooner...

mItmvUh.png
Thanks for voting for Deadlight, been wanting to pick it up.

We all know the worst one will win because the steam community has terrible taste so expect Mark of the Ninja to win.
And by Mark of the Ninja i mean Orcs must die

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Notsureifsarcasm.gif

IMHO, if you live in North or South America (Edited to please my Canadian overlords) and have a smartphone then there is zero reason for you to miss a flash sale. I can understand people in weird time zones or that don't have decent phones missing them.

At least make sense if you're going to be snarky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom