• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

Does System Shock 2 have controller support?

Are there any mods to make the game look like not-1999?

I'm spoiled rotten by modern day graphics, I tried to replay one of my favorite games of all time (deus ex) not long ago and couldn't even do that because of the appearance.

Fuck, I bought the Tomb Raider collection and realised I could have gotten the TR games I wanted and ignored the ones I don't want at no change in sale. Getting a refund is pretty much impossible, isn't it :\

As for these cards, I have absolutely no interest in anything other than making some money off them, so what do I do? Do they accumulate into something more valuable or should I just sell them now?

Is Resident Evil 5 worth it for the single-player or do I really need a coop partner?
I personally wouldn't go about it without a co-op partner because otherwise the game becomes a practice in trying to get Sheva to not be useless, and with the changes to make you weaker as an individual I'd rather just replay RE4 than do RE5 solo.

I'm spoiled rotten by modern day graphics, I tried to replay one of my favorite games of all time (deus ex) not long ago and couldn't even do that because of the appearance.

no controller support, kb/m only

Salaadin

Regarding cards, if a game gets cards and I already beat the game, playing it again will unlock them? Theres no easy way to do it?
How do I know how to unlock the cards? Do they just gradually come over the course of the game?

I'm playing McPixel right now.

I have no idea what this is, but I like it.

It's dumb and silly, but it still got a fair number of laughs out of me. I recommend replaying a set after finishing it so you can find all the possible combinations, it's generally worth it because it's funny to see them all and you get access to the bonus sets which are awesome.

FACE

Banned

Native? No. The game was designed with mouse and keyboard in mind.

Yes, there's SHTUP(I recommend it) and SS2 Rebirth(your mileage may vary, I don't like it).

Sullichin

With a forced cutscene every time one drops.

You owe it to yourself to play Shock 2, at least.

Yeah I know. Glad to finally get it. Would be easy for it to fall into the pile of "Cheap games I bought on a Steam sale" but I shouldn't forget about it. Probably asked already, any must have mods for SS2?

antitrop

Hey, guys. Metro is only $29.99, that's probably the cheapest it will ever get. Nope, couldn't possibly see it getting any cheaper than that.

The_Monk

One of these days I'll buy Sim City 4.

Oh, and BUY METRO LAST LIGHT. It's awesome.

Sim City 4 sure is sweet fellow GAFfer.

Same with The Witcher 2, for that price everyone should experience the Story. I already finished it long time ago and even have the pysical Soundtrack of the game. Really nice.

Pulling the trigger on System Shock 2.

The Metro Franchise Pack is tempting as well. But I already bought one $30+ deal in sale, Skyrim Legendary, so I'm a little gun shy on buying another.

I wonder if there is any chance of the Transformer games going on sale, I played Fall of Cybertron on 360 but would def double dip if that came up on sale

Kifimbo

Not sure why ModBot didn't take the game name. But it's Avadon: The Black Fortress.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Game Name 1 -- MB-1C85F2BE9AD14243 - Taken by Blablurn

I repeat, it's Avadon: The Black Fortress.

TheContact

claimed 2 games, feel it's only right I give back 1 more to make it even

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock -- MB-7618819FDADE62F8
- Claimed by Aitor

system shock 2 btw, not 1 - also claimed by Aitor, sorry I edit the post and it messed up modbot

DirtRiver

Since my main computer just decided to crap out (motherboard has been acting up throughout the year and now has finally decided to pull the plug on itself), I might as well get System Shock and experience it on my laptop.

Will get Puddle as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if there is any chance of the Transformer games going on sale, I played Fall of Cybertron on 360 but would def double dip if that came up on sale

It saw deeper discounts during last year's Autumn and Winter Sales, and was most recently a Midweek Madness deal in March, so the outlook is good. And FYI, it's cheaper on Steam AU ($50 versus $60).

Apdiddy

I ended up buying StarDrive anyway because my love for time sink strategy games is way too overpowering.

Metro Last Light at 40% off is tempting, but I'll wait until later this year. Too many games in my backlog right now (SMT IV this week??? ARGH). If any company deserves as much money as they can get, it's 4A Games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As someone who beat it recently because I thought it was going to get cards the next day, it really did not live up to its premise. One of the least suspenseful Zombie games I have ever played. The controls were pretty bad as well, I was expecting tight controls and gameplay if I wasn't going to get suspense. It was just mediocre and disappointing.

When the game was announced, I was expecting a post-apocalyptic Shadow Complex. Talk about a missed opportunity.

He's a good man. Too bad River of Time doesn't seem to be available on Steam.

The first Drakensang was in a Groupees bundle recently and (I'm pretty sure) the Steam key was redeemable in regions that couldn't ordinarily buy it via the Steam store. I'm hoping that River of Time will crop up in one of the upcoming Be Mine bundles.

Bizzity

claimed 2 games, feel it's only right I give back 1 more to make it even

system shock 2 btw, not 1

Modbot hates me, I swear. I must be doing the PM modbot thing wrong, I never win, haha.

Does noone in this thread ever sleep? or are there like different shifts?

Zeroo

Neo Member
Modbot hates me, I swear. I must be doing the PM modbot thing wrong, I never win, haha.

Does noone in this thread ever sleep? or are there like different shifts?
maybe there's a difference between copying the full line or only the key?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
What was the flash sale before the current one (You need a budget, sim city 4, metro last light, dawn of fantasy)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom