• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanderlust: Rebirth four-pack or La-Mulana. Hmm.

Wanderlust could be awesome or it could be a KRPG.

La-Muana IS awesome but I have it on Wii, however Steam has DLC Level and Achievements.

Prophane33

At least make sense if you're going to be snarky.

Not sure how that doesn't make sense. I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. If you WERE then I'm saying there IS a reason people would miss them. If you were not being sarcastic then I'm saying I disagree, to an extent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure how that doesn't make sense. I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. If you WERE then I'm saying there IS a reason people would miss them. If you were not being sarcastic then I'm saying I agree, to an extent.

Oh, right. The phrasing of your post didn't suggest that you were addressing both sides. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Aw. Well, the point is moot since OMD2 is going to win anyway (even tho MOTN is the best game of those 2)

It will with that attitude. :p

Okay then, Mark Of The Ninja it is.

Though the OMD! series is totally boss, and everyone should play the first one at least.
I'd actually recommend avoiding the first one now that 2 is out. The original didn't have configurable controls and the mouse sensitivity was jacked; they took the complaints to heart and have made a game that feels much better on KB+M for the second. Fun game though, and the second has co-op to boot.

Sethos

Banned
Quite disturbing that I've reached a point where none of the games left in the Steam library interest me, not looking forward to anything - I have every game I want.

The_Monk

I'd actually recommend avoiding the first one now that 2 is out. The original didn't have configurable controls and the mouse sensitivity was jacked; they took the complaints to heart and have made a game that feels much better on KB+M for the second. Fun game though, and the second has co-op to boot.

I only have the first Orcs Must Die fellow GAFfer (which is missing a lot of Achievements because I played Offline and when went Online some of them did not pop or update). Is OMD2 more of the same regarding Gameplay or there's some really new Maps/Traps and so on?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Max Payne 3 need cards.

I can't wait to see those people who already played the game downloading it again, just for the cards. It's going to be fun. :p

Sullichin

Kind of forgot I bought a few games yesterday / this morning...

System Shock 2
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Precipice of Darkness 4
Universe Sandbox
Shatter

This is dumb. I probably won't really play any of these

I'd agree if you have someone to co-op with. Some of the levels in OMD 2 are ridiculously tough for a single player.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Huzzah, my first foil!

VnMp3Ga.png

sell now or hang on it and sell later? I can get like $5

Sell it, you can rebuy it in a week for half of that tops XD

liezryou

4 Hours to go till new sales. God dammit what has my life come to, this is what i look forward to everyday. The new sales at 10 o clock. Why gaben, why.

omg_mjd

Quite disturbing that I've reached a point where none of the games left in the Steam library interest me, not looking forward to anything - I have every game I want.

I know how you feel. Maybe it's time to collect games for yet another platform? I suggest Vita and/or 3DS. :D

I only have the first Orcs Must Die fellow GAFfer (which is missing a lot of Achievements because I played Offline and when went Online some of them did not pop or update). Is OMD2 more of the same regarding Gameplay or there's some really new Maps/Traps and so on?

Thanks in advance for answering.
There's nothing radically different, new maps and traps but the design is the same; defend portals from oncoming hordes of orcs. There's a different character you can play as this time around, so that's one of the bigger changes, and with that there's added co-op play.

Budget and backlog both taking heavy damage.

Code:
Title	Amount
Iron Warriors  	0.29 GBP
Velvet Assassin  	0.99 GBP
Little Inferno  	1.74 GBP
Scribblenauts Unlimited  	3.74 GBP
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World  	13.39 GBP
Garry's Mod  	1.49 GBP
Just Cause 2  	1.99 GBP
Surgeon Simulator  	2.37 GBP
SimCity 4 Deluxe  	2.99 GBP
System Shock 2  	1.74 GBP

SELLING DA CARDZ	-0.20 GBP

Total	Budget	Remaining
30.53 GBP	40.00 GBP	£9.47

Zia

4 Hours to go till new sales. God dammit what has my life come to, this is what i look forward to everyday. The new sales at 10 o clock. Why gaben, why.

I have to go do several hours of laundry sometime today in a place in which I have extremely spotty service. Leaving before the rollover, might not be back until after 9 EST. It's a hard life.

Hmm, I have a passing interest in the Rollercoaster Tycoon games but I almost don't want to be hesitant about it. Anyone have a feelin' it'll end up being delisted down the line due to Atari publishing?

cicero

Deadlight's bound to pop up as a Daily/Flash Sale, plus impressions suggest that the game doesn't live up to its premise.
As someone who beat it recently because I thought it was going to get cards the next day, it really did not live up to its premise. One of the least suspenseful Zombie games I have ever played. The controls were pretty bad as well, I was expecting tight controls and gameplay if I wasn't going to get suspense. It was just mediocre and disappointing.

I voted for Orcs Must Die because I would like to be able to gift it to a couple of people. Mark of the Ninja is much better, but I want to gift!

SHarris78

My PC has been on for 6 hours now, looking through this thread and downloading Steam games........got to take a break. Installed a new graphics card on Friday and so far i've only been on 'Gaf and DL'ing from Steam!

Who knows, I might even play a game at some point......

(Chivalry just finished downloading, yay!)

AJ_Wings

The hunt so far:

Thomas Was Alone
FEZ
Simcity 4
FTL
Chivalry: Medieval Warfar
Metro: Last Light

Not bad.

Is Resident Evil 5 worth it for the single-player or do I really need a coop partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom