• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyber

Did System Shock just got cards or did it get them when it went up as a community deal? Just checked my badges list and it has cards now.

bgbball31

I'm sure this has been asked, but Metro worth the $30, or wait till it is cheaper? I have the first one and played like an hour or so, but ran into computer problems (not caused by the game) and have neglected to pick it up since getting the problems fixed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sure this has been asked, but Metro worth the $30, or wait till it is cheaper? I have the first one and played like an hour or so, but ran into computer problems (not caused by the game) and have neglected to pick it up since getting the problems fixed.

Wait. It'll be cheaper later into the sale.

derExperte

How is it Solo? do the maps/waves change if you play it alone?
I loved the first one.

I haven't played much of OMD2 alone so can't compare but there's no reason you won't like it, everything is better than in 1. More maps, more traps, better upgrade system etc.

Dmax3901

Doesn't that give those with GAF Gold a not necessarily fair advantage with these giveaways?

David-Tennant-Head-Turning-Wink-Gif-On-Doctor-Who.gif

TheD

The Detective
Is modbot really slow on some draws?

I entered the System Shock draw 6 mins ago and it still has not said who has won (unlike some other draws).

JakeD

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nightsky -- MB-4FA5BA699529BD42 - Taken by FACE

TheContact

Ok one more for today then I have to get going
Haven't played this game yet but I have a copy for myself

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-9F105497162A91FC - Taken by Blue Ninja

Is modbot a lot slower on some draws?

I entered the System Shock draw 6 mins ago and it still has not said who has won (unlike some other draws).
It was claimed nearly immediately, but carfo began editing his post before Modbot striked it, then published the edit afterwards making it appear unclaimed.

FACE

Banned
With GAF Gold you even get a cool new logo:

joUg0YGRQzMtl.png

Edit: Thanks, JakeD!

Edit 2: Wait a second, I already own Nighsky? When the hell did I buy it? My bad, guys. It's only fair that I(or JakeD, if he prefers) do another giveaway with this key.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
If you like the games, go for it
Its the worst in the series IMHO, but even I spent 30+ hours on it.
It has its flaws, but still a good game

Nah I'll be fine without it I think. If I want to play some TW I will boot up a legendary Shogun 2, but even still I think with me buying Brave New World, Endless Space and Sins of a Solar Empire (when it goes on sale) I will be fine.

MNC

Wow, those old tomb raider ganes for less than s buck is amazing. Bought underworld (only one left to buy) and system shock so far. I think I can make it through this sale just fine!

Dambrosi

Banned
Does System Shock 2 have controller support?
Of course not. It's a proper PC game. :p

Are there any mods to make the game look like not-1999?
Of course there are. It's a proper PC game. :p

I'm spoiled rotten by modern day graphics, I tried to replay one of my favorite games of all time (deus ex) not long ago and couldn't even do that because of the appearance.
Even Deus Ex has graphics mods - google for "DxEnhanced" and "NewVision". Now that's a proper PC game.

:p

The_Monk

Every time JaseC makes a post it's filled with useful information regarding any Sale, discount prices, and info about most of the games.

That's really great and it helps a lot. Thanks for making constructive posts fellow GAFfer (and, to every one else, of course).

Cheddahz

Banned
Guys, I have never played System Shock 2 before (I was four or five when the game came out, but I did watch my dad play it, I even still have the game on disc). Is the game worth playing for $2.50?

Crayons

Banned
Guys, I have never played System Shock 2 before (I was four or five when the game came out, but I did watch my dad play it, I even still have the game on disc). Is the game worth playing for $2.50?

it's only like, one of the best pc games ever
i dunno man, $2.50 is a lot to spend like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom