• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any comparable games to SS2?

It looks like a Bioshock atmosphere, but with Dead Space-esque setting and Deus Ex like RPG trappings.

I'm intrigued, cause I've always ever heard praise, but I also want to to save $$ for other games

Is Deus Ex: GOTY on Steam moddable? It's $3.49 and I've never played it before.
Yep, it's using the same files and everything that works on non-Steam works on Steam's.

I'd strongly consider trying it without visual mods at first because I just personally think the noisy visual design of the new texture mods on the 2000-era geometry looks extremely offputting.

Turfster

Guys, I have never played System Shock 2 before (I was four or five when the game came out, but I did watch my dad play it, I even still have the game on disc). Is the game worth playing for $2.50?
Yes. You're in for a treat.

It looks like a Bioshock atmosphere, but with Dead Space-esque setting and Deus Ex like RPG trappings.

I'm intrigued, cause I've always ever heard praise, but I also want to to save $$ for other games

Nothing compares to it. Nothing. Get it now.

Your description is pretty good.
Can't really spend $2.50 any better and your "PC" should be able to run it.

antitrop

I bought System Shock 2 and Deus Ex this morning. Today was a good day.

I own SS2 on disc, though, and as I've said before I've never played Deus Ex.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Top 5 best eva

Hey! Can you make me feel a little older?

I know! I remember buying the boxed version new when it came out. Sadly I couldn't get it to run due to the Disk DRM not being compatible with my cd-rom. A least I was able to take it back and swap it for I think a copy of whatever command and conquer was out at the time.

ballin

lnUMrcN.png

chugen

tough choice, i know

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-D2242B5BCAD31E74 - Taken by StopMakingSense
McPixel -- MB-99F207512AA489E3 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

Prophane33

I know! I remember buying the boxed version new when it came out. Sadly I couldn't get it to run due to the Disk DRM not being compatible with my cd-rom. A least I was able to take it back and swap it for I think a copy of whatever command and conquer was out at the time.

Probably Tiberian Sun (my fav C&C). 98/99 was an AMAZING time for gaming.

TheContact

Since this game's so good I'll do one more, really just one more, but now going out to spend the day with the wifey, good luck (for real this time!)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-0DF1FE36932BE5EA - Taken by Kifimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom