• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

My PC is about explode with Sleeping Dogs, Binding of Issac and Hotline Miami running in the background

I really need a new PC >.>

I don't need to start an actual game, right? I just need to launch the game? how long does it usually take to get the cards?

Nooo, I hit a bug in Sleeping Dogs.

I need to hack a camera for a drug bust, but no matter how many times I hack it, it doesn't register it :(

Edit: Ha, never mind. I pressed B after I hacked it, thats why it didnt register. Oops.

Kifimbo

Here is it:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Geneforge Saga -- MB-10C0BE03490C3D4C - Taken by kevin1025

chugen

My PC is about explode with Sleeping Dogs, Binding of Issac and Hotline Miami running in the background

I really need a new PC >.>

I don't need to start an actual game, right? I just need to launch the game? how long does it usually take to get the cards?

main screen is enough, and a few hours

RS4-

I need to hack a camera for a drug bust, but no matter how many times I hack it, it doesn't register it :(

had that problem on 360, but luckily it was a side mission.

Other time, I was supposed to go to bed at home to continue the story mission, it wouldn't even work until I found out that I was supposed to sleep on the other side, really stupid.

derExperte

I haven't taken a single game, but if I do win won, you aren't going to tell me what I should do. If I'm interested in a game but don't get a chance to play it immediately, then I'll inventory it. That way if my interest wanes later on, I can pass it on to someone else who will appreciate it.

Well we already had people take games they wanted to give away. Let's say I'm not the only one here saying that that's a no-no.

liezryou

Alright guys. I bought 3 copies of System Shock 2 to giveaway to you peeps. I just don't know how to give them away just yet :p

Read the OP. Or give one to me.

TL;DR: Email the game to yourself as a gift. Copy the gift URL in the email, send it to modbot how would send a key.

DukeBobby

Grabbed myself another copy of System Shock 2, even though I have it on GOG.

Mostly because it is such a wonderful, wonderful game
with cards!!!

Turfster

Go do something else for a while, then come back to it. That usually worked for me.

Finally remembered SS2 also has cards, checked inventory:
2x XERXES
1 SHODAN Foil... which has a couple of people already racing each other to the bottom. Sigh.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I won something from ModBot and the thread edited but I didn't get my game in PM is ModBot scamming me??!?!?!?!?!? HELP I NEED MY FREE COPY OF COGS!!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS

First, wait at least an hour to make sure your PM from ModBot isn't just backed up in the system because of heavy load. Send a PM to ModBot with the words "my loot" in the subject line (capitalization irrelevant, anything else you put in the title is fine). Body doesn't matter.

You will receive a PM from ModBot 2 in response with every game key/link the system has marked you as winning. If you haven't won anything, you won't receive a reply. This PM is low on the priority chain: ModBot will process new giveaways, then new claims, then new claim payouts, then new receipts, then new loot lists so don't be surprised if it takes a few minutes for you to get your list. In the mean time your keys are safe and sound.

Also please don't bog the system down by abusing this function when you're already sure you've received and redeemed all your keys. This is for people who had an error, not for people who just like to be reminded how much free stuff they pilfered.

I'll be gone for the better part of the day, going to see Alice in Chains, BB King, and Skrillex wub wub wub wub. With this function I think I'm officially not required for any ongoing ModBot support until the new thread is made.

Overdoziz

Banned
Can you get the redeem code from gifts that you bought? If not, how do you format giving away gifts? Couldn't find anything about it in the Modbot explanation post.
Never mind, found it.

FACE

Banned
Let me know if it doesn't work

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-60CD3D275A36CDF4 - Taken by Annubis

chugen

I won something from ModBot and the thread edited but I didn't get my game in PM is ModBot scamming me??!?!?!?!?!? HELP I NEED MY FREE COPY OF COGS!!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS

First, wait at least an hour to make sure your PM from ModBot isn't just backed up in the system because of heavy load. Send a PM to ModBot with the words "my loot" in the subject line (capitalization irrelevant, anything else you put in the title is fine). Body doesn't matter.

You will receive a PM from ModBot 2 in response with every game key/link the system has marked you as winning. If you haven't won anything, you won't receive a reply. This PM is low on the priority chain: ModBot will process new giveaways, then new claims, then new claim payouts, then new receipts, then new loot lists so don't be surprised if it takes a few minutes for you to get your list. In the mean time your keys are safe and sound.

Also please don't bog the system down by abusing this function when you're already sure you've received and redeemed all your keys. This is for people who had an error, not for people who just like to be reminded how much free stuff they pilfered.

I'll be gone for the better part of the day, going to see Alice in Chains, BB King, and Skrillex wub wub wub wub. With this function I think I'm officially not required for any ongoing ModBot support until the new thread is made.

have a good wubwubing man

Giard

Have they fixed the framerate and online issues with AoE2? Seems like they're working on a patch for it, but has it improved at all yet from launch?

x3r0123

this should have been in first page imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom