• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're asking me to not be practical for the sake of some silly principle you have.

But it's not just one person, others share that same "silly principle" - not saying I agree with either side, because I understand the reasoning behind both arguments - but I think due to it being a give away, and that there are others who might play that same game you won right away, but instead it could just be floating in your "potential future backlog".

Idk just my 2 cents I guess. To each his own.

Tenrius

DrTjVgw.png

OH MY GOD
WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

How many games do you own? The total spent/amount of games ratio is what matters.

fantomena

Thinking about buying TimeShift and Hunted: Demon's Forge. Worth it? Don't think they will get a daily/flash/CC.

Yeah, I know, wait for the dailies.

Have all the community choice winner's received cards afterwards? I wonder if that means some of the losers that don't have cards yet (XCOM, for example) will get them added later?

Petrie

Banned
Then don't take the game in the first place. And it's not 'my' principle alone, it's what 'we' have agreed on in here, this issue came up a few times already.

The issue came up about people winning them with the express purpose of giving them away.

Unless you intend to enforce a rule where you make sure someone plays the game for a minimum number of hours and provides proof, the whole thing is silly.

I guarantee most of these games people have won will be played for less than an hour, and most will never even be installed. But I'm a bad guy because if I win something I wouldn't want to risk just wasting it, even though I have won zero games. ok.

Prophane33

Using the Enhanced Steam extension for Chrome, the guy who made it frequents this thread as well!
Once installed, just go to the 'username's Account' screen on the Steam website.

Just realised I have it on Firefox, I use the actual Steam program vs the website 99% of the time though. 503.36 USD spent, not terrible.

You guys recommend playing Tomb Raider with m&k or controller?

I played with mouse/kb and it was fine, don't remember any particular weirdness. I'd say it's up to your preference. Note, though, that there are some particularly shooter-y aspects, especially the bow stuff. If you're like me, you might prefer mouse/kb for that reason alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom