• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I won something from ModBot and the thread edited but I didn't get my game in PM is ModBot scamming me??!?!?!?!?!? HELP I NEED MY FREE COPY OF COGS!!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS

First, wait at least an hour to make sure your PM from ModBot isn't just backed up in the system because of heavy load. Send a PM to ModBot with the words "my loot" in the subject line (capitalization irrelevant, anything else you put in the title is fine). Body doesn't matter.

You will receive a PM from ModBot 2 in response with every game key/link the system has marked you as winning. If you haven't won anything, you won't receive a reply. This PM is low on the priority chain: ModBot will process new giveaways, then new claims, then new claim payouts, then new receipts, then new loot lists so don't be surprised if it takes a few minutes for you to get your list. In the mean time your keys are safe and sound.

Also please don't bog the system down by abusing this function when you're already sure you've received and redeemed all your keys. This is for people who had an error, not for people who just like to be reminded how much free stuff they pilfered.

I'll be gone for the better part of the day, going to see Alice in Chains, BB King, and Skrillex wub wub wub wub. With this function I think I'm officially not required for any ongoing ModBot support until the new thread is made.

Brilliant!
Now I can finally get my much-anticipated Rush key that ended up failing to send for one reason or another.

Turfster

Bloody hell! I go for a walk and this thread more than doubles in that time :eek:.

When is the Winter Seal generally please? [Steam Seal noob here]

Also, I saw an Autumn Seal mentioned earlier :eek:. There's just the Summer and Winters Seals right?
Autumn Seal around halloween.
Winter Seal Christmas-New Year-y

Petrie

Banned
Well we already had people take games they wanted to give away. Let's say I'm not the only one here saying that that's a no-no.

But I'm not suggesting that. I'm saying I might be interested in a game and take it, but know I can't play it immediately. If I add it to my library and later lose interest, it goes to waste. If I had inventoried it until ready to play, then it can still be of use to someone.

You're asking me to not be practical for the sake of some silly principle you have.

Prophane33

But I'm not suggesting that. I'm saying I might be interested in a game and take it, but know I can't play it immediately. If I add it to my library and later lose interest, it goes to waste. If I had inventoried it until ready to play, then it can still be of use to someone.

You're asking me to not be practical for the sake of some silly principle you have.

That's really in bad taste.

fantomena

I don't understand this modbot rule:

- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

What does it mean? Are only people who are active in this thread eligible? I got 2 Steam codes from FireBlends giveaway yesterday and I don't want to try to get more if it makes me a lurker.

- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

What does it mean? Are only people who are active in this thread eligible? I got 2 Steam codes from FireBlends giveaway yesterday and I don't want to try to get more if it makes me a lurker.

You just need 5 posts in either thread

Prophane33

It means you need to be an active poster in the steam threads, not just pop in to grab a free game and leave.

DaBoss

You need to be active in the Steam Sale threads. So that rule states you need at least 5 posts in current thread, and 5 posts in the thread before the current thread.

Autumn Seal around halloween.
Winter Seal Christmas-New Year-y

The Winter Seal

fYsP2ca.png

catabarez

Okay I've decided on the tried and true "show me your wishlist with System Shock 2 added before today."

So get on that guys :) First three people.

I really appreciate all the good work Stump has put in, but all the drama and outrage just really puts me off giving away codes around here. Everything is amazing and nobody's happy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It says if you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway.

It has a definition for a lurker. For the purposes of that rule, the definition is:
If you have both
a) Five or fewer posts in the current Steam thread
and
b) Five or fewer posts in the immediate previous (Steam thread)
You are a lurker and thus not eligible for that giveaway.

You have 72 posts in this thread, which is a higher number than 5, so you are not a lurker.

You need to be active in the Steam Sale threads. So that rule states you need at least 5 posts in current thread, and 5 posts in the thread before the current thread.

I know the double negative is a bit weird, but it says
- You are a lurker if you have both <5 posts here and <5 posts in previous thread
- You aren't a lurker if you have either 5+ posts here or 5+ posts in previous thread
- Lurkers aren't eligible for giveaways with that rule

DukeBobby

Alright guys. I bought 3 copies of System Shock 2 to giveaway to you peeps. I just don't know how to give them away just yet :p

Buy seven copies of Bad Rats and hide the 3 copies of System Shock 2 amongst them. When sending them to ModBot, pretend they are all Bad Rats.

Lots of fun.

BHK3

Banned
Of course not. It's a proper PC game. :p

Of course there are. It's a proper PC game. :p

Even Deus Ex has graphics mods - google for "DxEnhanced" and "NewVision". Now that's a proper PC game.

:p

i need links for these graphic mods. I found one for the character models called rebirth but it doesnt seem to be 100% of the AI in the game despite it being from 2003...and theres no link to download the texture pack on moddb

that's about the number of posts, not the numbers of prizes you get, however that's an ethic question. the more games you get the less for the rest of us, that 's what makes you a lurker

there should be a limit like 5 prizes/games max per thread, per user

derExperte

Then don't take the game in the first place. And it's not 'my' principle alone, it's what 'we' have agreed on in here, this issue came up a few times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom