• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomber

So Sleeping Dogs was a "community pick" right? I missed that 8 hour block. But community picks can still end up as daily deals, right? I just want to snatch up some of the campaign DLC at some point as I already own the game.

Yeah it can still be a daily deal. Some games that were daily deals can also end up as flash sales or community picks after they're a daily deal as well

gabbo

Mars War Logs is a decent pick up for $9. It seems like a cross between Rage and the Witcher 2. Played it for a bit last night and was really impressed as this is supposed to be from a very small team.

This is the most feedback I've heard about the game since asking 3-4 times yesterday.
Have you put any more time into it?

I've worked out that I'm going to have some money left in my Steam Wallet by the end of the Sale. So rather than leave it in there until the Autumn Sale I think I'll snap up some bargains to give back to this here lovely community.

What's the best way to do this?

Buy it for myself and leave it in my inventory?
What if I've already got that game in my library?
Gift it to my own e-mail address?

hlp pls

Oh snap I just realized I git a foil yesterday.

icaBc41.png

Too bad I cant sell yet since I didnt have Steam Guard enabled

catabarez

Last of the 3 guys! I may give something else away later today though. I also might be giving away something kinda big towards the end of the sale.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-B661E7BDF1F8485D - Taken by chronomac

Still conflicted on SS2. It's a classic, I loved the Bioshock games, I love sci fi/futuristic RPGs and sci fi horror.

But I also don't like most older games, mainly because of visuals and controls. I never grew up playing those games so there's no nostalgic factor for me. And I'm also want to save $$ for other games. And I know something important about the story (you guys know what), not sure if that knowledge would ruin the story for me

Gbraga

I'm really enjoying Chivalry, but how do I make it look good like in the High Res Screenshots thread? Not even at 4k it looks that good, any .ini configs?

Fireblend

Banned
Morning guys! Only 6 hours of sleep after my 7-hour long Civ V session yesterday. I'm almost disappointed we haven't gotten new flash deals yet
KuGsj.gif

I spent around €300 the 8 years I've had Steam, not that bad.

Rogue Legacy needs to be the next daily/flash. Then I'm done with this sale
haha

Exuro

Wonder how much money Valve has made on cards
I wonder how much the devs are getting themselves and if it was "worth it" making cards for their games. Players get incentive for buying their game just because of included cards and then the 10% or so they get from each transaction. Hopefully this isn't just a fad for this year. Would like to see cards expanded more(they said something about a book or something to organize your cards?). Cool optional stuff for users and more money for devs.

Also got SS2 for myself and my bro. Should be fun. Is co-op just the single player with another person?

DaBoss

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Witcher 2 -- MB-BA31EA97F5FB538B - Taken by rainking187

But I also don't like most older games, mainly because of visuals and controls. I never grew up playing those games so there's no nostalgic factor for me. And I'm also want to save $$ for other games. And I know something important about the story (you guys know what), not sure if that knowledge would ruin the story for me

I would just pass if I were you. Sounds like you have plenty of great games to play anyways.

Turfster

I've worked out that I'm going to have some money left in my Steam Wallet by the end of the Sale. So rather than leave it in there until the Autumn Sale I think I'll snap up some bargains to give back to this here lovely community.

What's the best way to do this?

Buy it for myself and leave it in my inventory?
What if I've already got that game in my library?
Gift it to my own e-mail address?

hlp pls

Buy as gift and send to your email address should work.

Cru

Its not much. Sorry if some of them don't work.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Indie Game Movie -- MB-3C57A17874E53C4F - Taken by kevin1025
Cortex Command -- MB-B529A75D4B213943 - Taken by Prophane33
Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath -- MB-43410F842AE7A017 - Taken by DeadlyVirus

I wonder how much the devs are getting themselves and if it was "worth it" making cards for their games. Players get incentive for buying their game just because of included cards and then the 10% or so they get from each transaction. Hopefully this isn't just a fad for this year. Would like to see cards expanded more(they said something about a book or something to organize your cards?). Cool optional stuff for users and more money for devs.

Also got SS2 for myself and my bro. Should be fun. Is co-op just the single player with another person?

Binders!

I assume it isn't too much of a hassle to make the card designs, emoticons and backgrounds. Basically free money as far as I know.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is You Need a Budget a good budgeting program? I've been looking for one and just started using Mint, but wouldn't mind a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom