• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I've worked out that I'm going to have some money left in my Steam Wallet by the end of the Sale. So rather than leave it in there until the Autumn Sale I think I'll snap up some bargains to give back to this here lovely community.

What's the best way to do this?

Buy it for myself and leave it in my inventory?
What if I've already got that game in my library?
Gift it to my own e-mail address?

hlp pls

Gift it to email. Follow this guide, its in OP as well.

Grief.exe said:
Modbot Guide for Gifts through Steam

Add Game to Cart

Select Purchase as Gift

Select Send Gift Via email

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F?redeemer=YOUREMAIL@gmail.com
Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hmm. Is there a reason that none of the ModBot giveaways on this page (edit: last page) seem to be working?

liezryou

How long does it usually take for Steam Support to fix funding's on your account?

They usually take around a day to answer in my experience. If you need a flash deal or something, you can just front someone the paypal money and they can gift it to you. I can help if you want.

I have a few extra games in my inventory (from the beginning of the sale) and I am wondering if I can use them with ModBot. So far from what I have read my answer is no.

EDIT: Didn't know I could email gifts to myself after I bought them....

It does my heart good to see that System Shock 2 won the vote. The Steam community didnt let us down this time.

Where do you guys go ro find your total spent on games like that?

gabbo

I have a few extra games in my inventory (from the beginning of the sale) and I am wondering if I can use them with ModBot. So far from what I have read my answer is no.

This is off the top of my head. but I believe you have to email them to yourself as gifts, then pm the key to ModBot. Who, for what it's worth, seems to be having problems with his neural net processor at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom