• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has TimeShift ever gone below 25% off? I'm struggling to remember it ever being 50% off..

Also what the hell was up with not discounting the Black Ops 2 DLC when the game was a daily? =/

lmpaler

Is the thread usually this slow on weekends? I'm gone for a few minutes and it's still the same page when I get back!

Or is everyone else waiting for the next Dailies/Flash and we're just the hardcore GAF crowd?

This is what is left of us lol. Maybe some have finally gotten some sleep.

liezryou

Rx2PGjv.jpg

My god, who invited the blob into this thread?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
buk3.png

Honestly, I thought I spent more. According to SteamGuage, my full collection is worth $8186.29, but I don't think this enhanced thing features bundles or keys I bought off of other sites so I might of either spent more or less than that number.

Tenrius

Curious, why do so many people use a steam wallet and talk about balances? Do they not have a credit card?

Honestly curious because steam being wired to my credit card makes purchasing almost one-click simple and obviously means I don't have to worry about maintaining a balance in my steam wallet (which seems like a huge stressor for lots of the posters here)

I normally use a credit card, but I have had more than enough Steam wallet funds since the trading card beta started.

Curious, why do so many people use a steam wallet and talk about balances? Do they not have a credit card?

Honestly curious because steam being wired to my credit card makes purchasing almost one-click simple and obviously means I don't have to worry about maintaining a balance in my steam wallet (which seems like a huge stressor for lots of the posters here)

I don't have a job yet and I don't have a credit card. So I'm stuck with either having my parents use their credit cards and i pay them, or I go to GS and pick up steam cards.

derExperte

Honestly, I thought I spent more. According to SteamGuage, my full collection is worth $8186.29, but I don't think this enhanced thing features bundles or keys I bought off of other sites so I might of either spent more or less than that number.

Correct and it uses what you paid, not what a game costs right now,

ok, so what happens when a US gaffer gifts Rocket Knight Adventures to me in Europe where it's unavailable? Would it still be activated or not?

(I just saw it in Xelios's list, so that's why I ask)

filipe

I've got it for a long time already. It doesn't have too much content, but I find the gun handling a very interesting thing that everyone should experience. So if you want to try an interesting take on FPS mechanics, you should really get it.

Enough to convince me. Thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ok, so what happens when a US gaffer gifts Rocket Knight Adventures to me in Europe where it's unavailable? Would it still be activated or not?

You can gift across region boundaries to get unavailable stuff in general, but I think there are a few exceptions for stuff like stuff that's banned in Germany and that would actually geo-ip restrict you from activating it.

Saty

Stump, is it ethical to give a F2P game through Modbot? Not sure why SMNC is still giftable after it went free.

derExperte

You can gift across region boundaries to get unavailable stuff in general, but I think there are a few exceptions for stuff like stuff that's banned in Germany and that would actually geo-ip restrict you from activating it.

Only some Russian versions have an ip-block, I don't know of any game that won't run in Germany. One Dead Rising says it has a restricition but it doesn't. And some keys won't work but gifting always does.

Do you guys think System Shock 2 would still be better to pick up on GOG because of all the extras? Or are they included in the Steam version as well?

FINALBOSS

Banned
I'm back.

Was at Brimfield Antique show..largest fleamarket/antique show in the US. So fun. Went like 4-5 times this week.

Hot as fuck though.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-65ED30924086D748 - Taken by Red Blaster

Hope this works!

Hells Horses. Was System Shock 2 also the first game with mantling? I forgot it had it. I start up the game and of course the first thing I do is turn around and jump over the railing onto the tracks. Figure I'm stuck down there and I was ok with that. But then I thought I remember that if you could jump close enough to the top of something you could mantle over it. Sure enough I was able to stand directly on the track to get slightly higher and I was high enough to get the character to mantle back over the railing. So much innovation in this game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I always thought it was a way to ensure(or try away) that they don't go crazy buying every little thing that goes up. A cap if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom