• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everybody! Who's ready for another day of card collecting and summer sales? :D

ioZcPaHURfNEV.JPG

misterF

Neo Member
Awesome game for an awesome thead, Shatter

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shatter -- MB-A1BFA06C7317648F - Taken by liezryou

Mark of the Ninja will probably end up being a close second behind FTL for your favorite new game that you got during the steam sale for those that grab it, it is a really exciting game.

Freezard

I think the cards are at their lowest price point right now. I can't see how they would go down even more the coming months since most people have already farmed all their cards.

Has there been cards added to any games that aren't flash, daily or community deals? I'm still waiting for Thomas Was Alone to get cards, but it's already 75% off and I doubt it will end up as one of those.

Lexxon

You guys talked me into SS2. Never played it but did enjoy the other -Shock games, particularly Infinite and BioShock 1. Kept it as a gift just in case I never get around to it though.

So far I've picked up XCOM Enemy Unknown for me and my brother, then I just pulled the trigger on Tomb Raider. I already beat TR on PS3 but want to check it out with my 770.

It's linear, but there is a lot to explore and you can revisit areas.

Scary/tense? It has its moment I guess.

*edit* length is about 15-20 hours.

The game isnt linear at all. It's not open world, but it's not linear either. There are certain actions you have to perform to open new areas, but you can still travel all the way back to the first area in the game through most of the game. It's more like open floor plan.

You guys talked me into SS2. Never played it but did enjoy the other -Shock games, particularly Infinite and BioShock 1. Kept it as a gift just in case I never get around to it though.

Prepare to be blown away by how much game's have declined in awesomeness over the years.

Exuro

Has there been cards added to any games that aren't flash, daily or community deals? I'm still waiting for Thomas Was Alone to get cards, but it's already 75% off and I doubt it will end up as one of those.
Same here. I want an excuse to go through the dev commentary.

It's linear, but there is a lot to explore and you can revisit areas.

Scary/tense? It has its moment I guess.

*edit* length is about 15-20 hours.
If you really take your time with it, I'd say ~15 hours, maybe up to 18 on the first playthrough.
Forty minutes to decide, ugh

My wanted list is Gunpoint and Warband, then Puddle, Grimrock, SS2, and Rainbow Six if I have enough left

Besides the obvious genre trappings (Bioshock's atmosphere, DS's horror, RPG elements), what exactly makes SS2 a classic worth playing today?

Tecl0n

Forty minutes to decide, ugh

My wanted list is Gunpoint and Warband, then Puddle, Grimrock, SS2, and Rainbow Six if I have enough left

Besides the obvious genre trappings (Bioshock's atmosphere, DS's horror, RPG elements), what exactly makes SS2 a classic worth playing today?

Music. Use headphones.-

Here's another one

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-97458BBBFA861145 - Taken by N.A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom