• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Hells Horses. Was System Shock 2 also the first game with mantling? I forgot it had it. I start up the game and of course the first thing I do is turn around and jump over the railing onto the tracks. Figure I'm stuck down there and I was ok with that. But then I thought I remember that if you could jump close enough to the top of something you could mantle over it. Sure enough I was able to stand directly on the track to get slightly higher and I was high enough to get the character to mantle back over the railing. So much innovation in this game.

Pretty sure Call of Duty: Ghosts is the first game to let you do that

t-ramp

Hope this works!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-486349351DDD4EAE - Taken by MiamiWesker

Hells Horses. Was System Shock 2 also the first game with mantling? I forgot it had it. I start up the game and of course the first thing I do is turn around and jump over the railing onto the tracks. Figure I'm stuck down there and I was ok with that. But then I thought I remember that if you could jump close enough to the top of something you could mantle over it. Sure enough I was able to stand directly on the track to get slightly higher and I was high enough to get the character to mantle back over the railing. So much innovation in this game.

Thief: The Dark Project had it back in '98.

Same engine if I'm not mistaken.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Morning all!

What did I miss in the last 8 hours?

Well, it finally happened.

eP2dRPZ.png

Now to see if I can get ~50 cents for this thing.

Overdoziz

Banned
Thanks for fixing Modbot, Stump! Here's my giveaway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

#1 System Shock 2 -- MB-248E57293F139435 - Taken by unpurposed
#2 System Shock 2 -- MB-04E0D9704493B876 - Taken by Sykotik

How long is SS2? Is it linear or is it Metroid-esque, where you explore and unlock new areas? Is it actually still scary/tense?

I'm so on the fence about this game. If I get it, I want to get it now, when it's cheap, but I also want to save for other games that will be Dailies or Flashes. I may not always like older games but I can appreciate a well made expwerience with quality gameplay and narrative.

What should I do?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's the consensus on the next community choice? I already own them all.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
How long is SS2? Is it linear or is it Metroid-esque, where you explore and unlock new areas? Is it actually still scary/tense?

I'm so on the fence about this game. If I get it, I want to get it now, when it's cheap, but I also want to save for other games that will be Dailies or Flashes. I may not always like older games but I can appreciate a well made expwerience with quality gameplay and narrative.

What should I do?

You should get it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It really is part of their joke regarding the budget software lol

I wonder how full Modbot's inbox is.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member

What should I do?

If you really take your time with it, I'd say ~15 hours, maybe up to 18 on the first playthrough.

Unlucky with the foil. But then again not many foils are over 1€ nowadays.

the bioshock background is though, which I got from the first crafting. But I don't want to sell it, because I actually DO think it's neat. :(

most other backgrounds (god forbid emoticons) are worthless though. Literally. Except for Endless Space's Spaceduck, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom