• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeless

NsKoc2U.png
what

also of the three i added just before only one is showing up on the market

Cheddahz

Banned
I'd swap BC2 and BF2, but that's just based on my own preferences. I still cant get into BF3. Just feels wrong.

They did something to BF3 and it doesn't feel right. The only time I actually had fun playing it was with my dad, but I didn't really care for the game at all

I think I'll hold off on buying Tomb Raider now until I see the daily deals for tomorrow, since the offer will still be up as "yesterday's deals".

Other than TR no interest today.

What Assassin's Creed game would you recommend to someone who hasn't played any of them yet? Are they connected story-wise?

There are two stories per game; the present-day story (with Desmond, the Animus and Abstergo) and there is the historical story (the story of the Assassin you play as). After playing all the games, IMO I wouldn't even worry about the present-day story.

So start with ACII. It's the best game in the franchise and it starts Ezio's trilogy (the assassin you play as). Then if you like 2, play Brotherhood and Revelations, as they are the 2nd and 3rd best games in the whole franchise, respectively.

Dr Dogg

Bad Company 2 Multiplayer is STILL rocking these days, so you should pick IT and Vietnam up too.

Isn't Vietnam dead though? Like around 20-30 servers dead? Still good fun if you can round up a posse though.

Edit: According to what's registered with Gametracker, out of just over 500 BFBC2 active servers 39 are on Vietnam maps. Of course you could rent your own just to make sure.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/bc2/?searchipp=50&sort=c_map&order=ASC#search

IMGF

Neo Member
Picked up Witcher 2 to go with the first one I have.

Wondering though, should I grab the LA Noire and Hitman deals?

Omega

Banned
I've heard the same thing.

I enjoyed the guns, higher ttk, and more destruction over BF3.

what makes it better?

I remember playing the xbox version and hating it. Everyone just picked the medic class (which had the LMG) and it was just a shitty experience.

Salsa

the only good thing about the awful Tomb Raider 2013 is that it has a launcher so I can farm for cards easily

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Age of Empires 3 worth it? I loved 2 as a kid, so getting the bundle with 2 and 3 sounds decent.

AHA-Lambda

Before anyone posts the gif at me, considering Hitman Absolution is 75% off right now but Blood Money is only 50% off will BM get any cheaper?

Nimajneb

NsKoc2U.png
what

also of the three i added just before only one is showing up on the market

These errors come up when you sell too many items too fast, just wait a while and you'll be able to sell your item. The whole market is slow because of the heavy load on the servers during the sale,. your listings will appear eventually.

RoKKeR

There are two stories per game; the present-day story (with Desmond, the Animus and Abstergo) and there is the historical story (the story of the Assassin you play as). After playing all the games, IMO I wouldn't even worry about the present-day story.

So start with ACII. It's the best game in the franchise and it starts Ezio's trilogy (the assassin you play as). Then if you like 2, play Brotherhood and Revelations, as they are the 2nd and 3rd best games in the whole franchise, respectively.

Yep, agreed with this. Definitely play 2.

Martian

Age of Empires 3 worth it? I loved 2 as a kid, so getting the bundle with 2 and 3 sounds decent.

Go for it!

It's not as great as 2, but far above average for an RTS.
I put a lot of time in the game, and if you have some friends to play with, its even more fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom