• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn you guys are too fast with those giveaways
KuGsj.gif

do you know if this has been optimized at all for nvidia cards yet?

I am just about done playing through the game on a 660Ti. I can play with it on, but it hits frame rate pretty bad. Everything on Ultra except TressFX, 50-60FPS. Turn on TressFX, 30-40fps.

If I could lock the game to 30fps, I might consider it, but the frame rate going up and down all the time just made me turn it off in the end.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
pondering on rpg maker >.>

Anyone wanna sell me on it?

Question: I just bought and dled FTL through Amazon (for some reason steam wont take my payment info) ... is there a way to play that game through Steam to get achievements and what not?

/pc noob

Digoman

How long is SS2? Is it linear or is it Metroid-esque, where you explore and unlock new areas? Is it actually still scary/tense?

A good site for having an idea how long a game is is this one: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/

It says System Shock 2 is around 13-18hs, which is the same people replied and what I remember about it.

It has been some years since I last replayed SS2... I don't think it was ever that "scary" aside from a few moments (I'm trying to avoid spoilers). But it can get pretty tense if you getting into the game.

A personally find it a fantastic game, but it is a lot less forgiving then other shooters, even at the time and things like a wrong build can bite you later.

Besides the obvious genre trappings (Bioshock's atmosphere, DS's horror, RPG elements), what exactly makes SS2 a classic worth playing today?

Well, that's really it. It has a great atmosphere, good RPG elements (compared to the simplified ones in Bioshock) and so on. It's one of the games where I really felt "immersed" in the world.

Whatever you would like or not depends if you can tolerate the dated graphics and quirks of the time. It is personally one of my favorite games ever, but as a newcomer to PC gaming you also have other great games to get :)

27 minutes to decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom