• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame that the old Fallouts aren't 75% off, they look interesting. If I already own (and haven't played yet) New Vegas GOTY, do I want F3 too?

And I wish the old Dooms were also 75% off, since BFG is terrible from what I've heard.

Gigarator

Played 3 for hours and hours on win 7, no crashes. Dunno how widespread that is...

Well in my case I couldn't go more than 10 minutes without a crash and a friend had it just as bad, yet had no issues with Vegas. The fact that the Steam page tells you it's not optimised for Windows 7 indicates that it is a somewhat widespread issue.

Edgeward

Goddamit, they added gunpoint later so only 2 choices showed up. I voted for TL2, forgive me GAF.

Apparently I own Fallout NV ultimate even though I'm sure I never bought all the dlc and bought vanilla at launch.

I think I'm almost done :

CAA5AMw.png

Spent about 60€ (20€ on Civ 5 BNW alone) on these. Bioshock was GMG (14€) other retails are gift from this topic. Metro was a BB code.

I wanted Remember Me but I'm following the rule " never buy a PC game at more than 20$ "
Still not decided about FarCry 3 / BD maybe I'll end up buying one of them if they come back as flash/community vote.

Last confirmed buy will be Torchlight 2

Slyjss

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition bought, as some gaffers recommended the DLC. My backlog is increasing in size and laughing at me.

mrgone

Right now there is nothing more to Kerbal than creating space crafts and shooting them into space right? No missions or any other form of a game structure?

Not yet, but the rocket building/launching is extremely robust. And there are thousands of mods available to add a ton of interesting things to do beyond just building rockets and marooning kerbals on other celestial bodies

Mods: http://kerbalspaceport.com/

It's really, really good.

Talyn

Played 3 for hours and hours on win 7, no crashes. Dunno how widespread that is...
I've played it for over 100 hours on Win 7 and the only crashes I recall were when I installed a radio mod, The ID3 tags would cause it to lock up for some weird reason. Had to strip all the metadata from the MP3s to fix that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What sort of game is Fallout New Vegas?

Also is it too gory? I don't really like Too Human levels of human insides.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
are there other problems apart from mods with the DOOM 3 BFG ? I want it to play all the doom games, but I've heard that the original versions are superior

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How come I got this:

pK1d0Sf.png

When I've got "Craft a Game Badge", "Try Out the Community Market", "Use a Steam Emoticon in Chat" and "Set a Profile background"-achievement left?

... why do you think they're called trading cards?

You buy a game, you play the game, you get cards. You get to the half-way point. If you want more cards for the game, you buy other games, get cards for those, trade with someone that wants a full set, get cards for your own full set. They're adding offline trade offer requests just for that reason. And in the mean-time if you can't trade, sell and buy. Or trade with a bot.

The idea is not that every user should get every level of every badge. The idea is that every user should be able to get some levels of some badges, and the ones you choose to pursue are a way of customizing your profile and expressing yourself.

I suppose you're right. I would have liked to see a more achievement based approach. Say if a person were a big fan of a particular game, they wouldn't have the means to invest into their favourite game without investing into the entire trading card system in order to acquire cards for selling/bartering. Hopefully a system for additional/rarer cards dropping due to in-game exploits becomes a reality.

Kuroyume

Banned
I want to see the old Doom Bundle cheaper. :( Stupid Total Biscuit making me want to play old school FPS. Also have my eyes on Hexen/Heretic.

Dambrosi

Banned
HOW THE F*** DID DEADLIGHT WIN AAAAAARGH

I know what - everyone vote for Torchlight 2
so that either Don't Starve or Gunpoint wins next
!

In other news, Ace Combat is calling out to me. Dissuade me, GAF, before it's too late!

iqubal

Banned
Briefly tried Fallout 3 and New Vegas at my friend's house back a while ago on the 360. New Vegas seemed all around the better game, so will definitely pick it up for $4.99!

..................I voted for gunpoint because it looked cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom