• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

Is there a way to reduce violence (exploding heads, severed limbs etc) in Fallout New Vegas. I tried it back then and there was a mod on the Nexus that changed a bit but in the end didn't get rid of it. I somehow couldn't get it to work even with ini tweaks. I might give the game another try but only if there is a 100% way to tune done the IMO unnecessary violence.

I was considering to buy a couple of copies of New Vegas to gift to people, then I realized that it's just silly to have to convince anyone to play such a great game. If you´re interested in RPG's, and won't spend even 2.49€ on such a great and almost universally praised game, then it's just your own loss. :)

The environments and art are fantastic. The game is good, but you want it to be a bit bigger with a tighter combat system.

It's worth playing, but won't be on your top games ever list.

I payed full price and got my money's worth I thought.. others will say wait for $5 down the line.

If you like fantastic art design and environment craft (like Alice Madness Returns for example) then yes. If you want perfect gameplay, wait.

Basically my thoughts on Remember Me as well, though I bought at 25% off (GMG pre-order).

Anustart

Well in my case I couldn't go more than 10 minutes without a crash and a friend had it just as bad, yet had no issues with Vegas. The fact that the Steam page tells you it's not optimised for Windows 7 indicates that it is a somewhat widespread issue.

Interesting! I would have had no clue from my experience. And I'm usually the one to get hit with bugs.

Gunpoint!!!!

I think it has a chance against Torchlight 2. When I first got involved in Steam, the only game I had to trade was Torchlight. No one wanted it because they all had the games already.

Everyone vote for Gunpoint!!
Although...MotN didn't win, I'm losing faith in the Steam community

I am considering NBA 2K13. It's £6.20 here. I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I do really like Madden, Fifa etc. anything where I can take a team through a season in a sports game. NBA has a good look and feel to it, though as I said not a big fan. Think it's worth it? Anyone that's played it comment on how fun it is as purely a game.

I suppose you're right. I would have liked to see a more achievement based approach. Say if a person were a big fan of a particular game, they wouldn't have the means to invest into their favourite game without investing into the entire trading card system in order to acquire cards for selling/bartering. Hopefully a system for additional/rarer cards dropping due to in-game exploits becomes a reality.

They tried the achievement approach and people exploited that. They tried coal, exploited. They're trying.. this card thing...

They've had all kinds of great ideas, people keep ruining them in implementation.

I've never played System Shock 2. Worried about how the game may have aged over the years.

Good news is, a few other people get to try it with me

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 #2 -- MB-5A204371A8777E1D - Taken by Cru
System Shock 2 -- MB-71E4C8EC5B28CDED - Taken by Roubjon

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is Deadlight good guys? I always hear about it but never actually know people's impressions on it.

Mrbob

I can wait.

You are talking about Sanctum 2, correct? PM your paypal info and I'll message you as soon as I get home. Or you can just add me to your steam friends list and I"ll send you a message when I get home. Probably be around 5 or 6 central time.

I'd like to grab two copies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
guis !! i did it. i sold 4 cards!!!
Co3EQKv.png

LOOK AT ALL THEM PROFITS.
only 36 more cards till monaco awwww yeaaaaa

Double D

I've played nearly all of Year of the Snake and I'm almost finished with COJ: Gunslinger. I'm actually playing these games, people'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom