• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriitV

Could someone say how my DLC list should look like after I've activated gun runners DLC?
I have Polish and Checz arsenal and after activating the DLC still sits in my inventory.

Jonm1010

Banned
2 quick questions.

1.) I think I missed skyrim's flash sale at the beginning of the sale right? Good chance it comes back as a daily?

2.) how is sanctum 2? Worth the price?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey guys hang tight with Enhanced Steam - server is melting again.

Zeliard

Hos is New Vegas compared to F3 and Skyrim in RPG sense?

It features much better characterization, stronger overarching and side plots, and more intricate choice-laden quest design, as Obsidian games frequently tend to. The moment-to-moment dialogue in general is much more enjoyable than in Bethesda's modern offerings and that feeds into everything else, as dialogue exchanges are so core to the experience in these games.

Some of the DLC in particular is unique and exceptional, like Old World Blues and its heavy element of dark comedy. The characters in that one are simply amazing, and to say any more would be saying too much. A must-play.

Also, Josh Sawyer (project director for New Vegas) released his own little mod that modifies several gameplay values and such so that it offers a more balanced and demanding experience (the game has a hardcore mode which in vanilla doesn't add a whole lot, but with Sawyer's mod becomes more meaningful).

There are, of course, many, many other mods. jim-jam bongs has a nice run-down here.

KingKong

I always wonder, are there really people buying games like Remember Me for $30 when every other daily is less than $15?

Seems like they could have made more sales if they priced it at 66% off

So I missed the first couple days of the sale due to lack of internet after moving, so what did I miss?

Tell me that Euro Truck Sim 2 or Sleeping Dogs weren't on sale...

Hawkie

It features much better characterization, stronger overarching and side plots, and more intricate choice-laden quest design, as Obsidian games frequently tend to. The moment-to-moment dialogue in general is much more enjoyable than in Bethesda's modern offerings and that feeds into everything else, as dialogue exchanges are so core to the experience in these games.

Some of the DLC in particular is unique and exceptional, like Old World Blues and its heavy element of dark comedy. The characters in that one are simply amazing, and to say any more would be saying too much. A must-play.

Also, Josh Sawyer (project director for New Vegas) released his own little mod that modifies several gameplay values and such so that it offers a more balanced and demanding experience (the game has a hardcore mode which in vanilla doesn't add a whole lot, but with Sawyer's mod becomes more meaningful).

There are, of course, many, many other mods. jim-jam bongs has a nice run-down here.

Great effort. Thank you.

Unai

Guys, I have never played a strategy game so massive as Total War: SHOGUN 2, but I love games such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Devil Survidor Overclocked and Fire Emblem. Is Total War: SHOGUN 2 a good start point in western strategy games?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You are a complete fucking idiot if you don't buy New Vegas at that price.
Can't we please stop saying shit like this? I get it, you like the game, but insulting people who don't want to buy it is incredibly low.

And I say this as someone who already bought the game.

Fireblend

Banned
Guys, I have never played a strategy game so massive as Total War: SHOGUN 2, but I love games such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Devil Survidor Overclocked and Fire Emblem. Is Total War: SHOGUN 2 a good start point in western strategy games?

Wait for XCOM to go on sale, and grab it. Trust me.

tuseday

Neo Member
Wut is dat.

Dis
0ZqgpCX.gif

Tenrius

Would someone refer me to a screenshot of current deals? The store doesn't load at the moment and I was out of the loop for a bit.

EDIT: Oh, it's working now.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
just got my first foil card ever, and what is it?

Sho muthafuckin dan

I don't even know if I feel like selling it

Right, Portal 2 and New Vegas are installing. New Vegas is amazing, people, play it if you haven't already.

Now to eye the thread and see if someone does a Fallout 3 giveaway.

They were both flash deals IIRC. Sorry...

Dammit.

But they haven't been Daily Deals yet? Still some hope I suppose.

Shogun 2 is a good jumping in point for the Total War games. But its kind of its own unique thing amongst strategy games, what with the Turn Based Campaign map thats like a simplified version of Civ and then the Real Time battles which is more about tactics and moving your armies that you made in the bigger campaign map around on the battlefield. And you can always simulate the real time battles if you want to just keep going with the turn based Campaign map.

They're fantastic games and well worth a shot if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom