• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hqCucu3.png

You know what? No regrets, motherfuckers.

Nice!

Confused on the New Vegas DLC.

I own the base game only but want the DLC. Purchasing the ultimate edition, which includes everything, is cheaper than purchasing the dlc individually ($5 versus 5.69). However, Steam won't let me purchase the ultimate edition, saying I already own it. Any advice?

I don't think there's a better option than just buying the DLC.

hqCucu3.png

You know what? No regrets, motherfuckers.

Sweet jesus.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GAF sell me on Deadlight.

Go.

It's a short side-scrolling platformer with physics closer to Prince of Persia, Blackthorne, or other "heavy" classic platformers. Momentum is key.--note that this is something I like but many people hate because it's not as easy to control as most platformers. It's got a dumb story about zombies. The zombies are hard to fight and the emphasis is on avoiding them. There are lots of collectibles and a time attack incentive to improve your times, and if you like that it's cool.

The big criticism of the game is that about 1/3rd of the way through the atmosphere and zombies go away and you basically spend an hour in a sewer with traps and precision platforming. And then about 3/4s of the way through the game you get living human enemies with guns and a bunch of trial-and-error perfection-required quick movement sections. If you read this and think "I actually like that stuff, I don't mind dying, I like improving until I feel like I have it precisely right" then this won't be a turn off but for many people it was.

I really like the environments, all of them, and had a great time playing and improving my times. It's a great game for me. But it received average to poor reviews and worse reception among players. So caveat emptor. (I own it on 360)

The_Monk

I have my eyes on Portal 2 (I must be the only GAFfer without it) and perhaps Fallout 3 but that one would be just for nostalgia reasons and I think I'm good on Nostalgia games so far.

Reason VS Wallet.

I have my eyes on Portal 2 (I must be the only GAFfer without it) and perhaps Fallout 3 but that one would be just for nostalgia reasons and I think I'm good on Nostalgia games so far.

Reason VS Wallet.

I know the feels, fellow GAFfer. I did buy Portal 2 and New Vegas, though.

Maybe if I can get rid of all my 360 games...

Atruvius

Confused on the New Vegas DLC.

I own the base game only but want the DLC. Purchasing the ultimate edition, which includes everything, is cheaper than purchasing the dlc individually ($5 versus 5.69). However, Steam won't let me purchase the ultimate edition, saying I already own it. Any advice?

Buy it as a gift. Ask Steam to remove vanilla New Vegas from your gameslist. Redeem yourUltimate Edition gift.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Reason VS Wallet.

I think I know who wins

fantomena

Now I only need a deeper dicount on Ghost Recon/Tom Clancy franchise, Kentucky, Papo and Another World and Im done
for now

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If I idle for cards, how often do I earn them? Once every hour or so?

Digoman

Thanks a lot mate!

Makes up for missing System Shock 2!

I'm in for a treat!

You are. Enjoy... that's a *lot* of content to play :)

I'm a bit confused

If I buy a game on Steam to giveaway, where do I find the key if I want to use ModBot to give it away?

You don't access the key. You have send to yourself an email of the gift, then put the URL (minus the part after the question mark) on Modbot. It's in the OP you want more detailed instructions.

dot

Thank you Semblance for gifting me System Shock 2. You're awesome. :3

I could've sworn Sims 3 has been 75% off before. Why is the discount so weak? I don't wanna get this on Origin....

Stimpack

Man I'm really tempted to get Arma II: CO, but the standalone is probably going to debut in a couple of months, right? Must. Be. Strong!!

Gregorn

Now that's the New Vegas sale I was waiting for.

One pack of DLC is more expensive than the entire package on console.

Now where are those nude mods...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the Portal pack for a friend :) So far I spent like 30 euro on this sale, and not a single game for myself. I'm too nice sometimes!

Sanic

Buy it as a gift. Ask Steam to remove vanilla New Vegas from your gameslist. Redeem yourUltimate Edition gift.

Bleh, for 69 cents I may as well not bother. My time is more valuable than that.

It's the principle of the matter that bothers me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've gotten three Kerbal Space Program cards in the last 40 minutes or so, but it can take hours.
Is this affected by your level (and thus your drop rate)? Are you like level 50?

maty

Voted Gunpoint but I probably won't get it until it's cheaper.

F:NV for me today.

Also any opinions on Doom 3 BFG. Is it still the inferior version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom