• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Have the older Fallout games been 50% off this whole time or is it because of the Daily Deal?

you can tell by checking the end date of the sale price

hJxS0DM.png

whole time

delirium

Voted for Don't Starve. Everyone seems to love that game. I don't understand why people are voting for Torchlight 2, it goes on sale for $5 for a bunch of other places already.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Voted for Don't Starve. Everyone seems to love that game. I don't understand why people are voting for Torchlight 2, it goes on sale for $5 for a bunch of other places already.

Don't Starve was 40% off on the first day though. :|

Why do people vote for sales that have already appeared? Makes no sense.

Sianos

Don't Starve was already a daily, buuuut I suppose Gunpoint hopefully will be too.

Vote Gunpoint so I don't accidentally waste all my money before it goes on sale!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, Deadlight won the previous vote? Wanted more people to grab MotN. :S

Voted for Gunpoint this time, hadn't heard of it before but the premise is super cool.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Man Kerbal space program is super tempting. I had so much fun with the demo but its only 40% off and im running out of money. Ahhhhhh I dont know what to do.

I've spent at least 300 hours playing KSP over the years. Possibly much more. Only 75 of them since game got on Steam. Just do it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Remember Me, is it worth €24?

Remember Me is a cool game. It has a unique setting, stunning art direction and amazing graphics. The soundtrack especially is fascinating. Story is good and voice acting as well. So as a package it's an incredibly smooth and sexy game.

However, the gameplay is solid albeit nothing spectacular. Its combo system is functional and the combo lab is an interesting take on the default buttonmashing. It borrows fleeflow combat from Arkham games, but is never as refined. Which is unfortunate but not a dealbreaker. The platforming/traversal is a no-brainer similar to the Uncharted series - there's only one way to go and usually it's 'up'. The game shows the path you need to take and even though the environments are nothing short of stunning they are also incredibly static and lack any form of interaction.

The memory remix sessions are amazing. I won't go into specifics but they definately something worth experiencing. There's also something extremely grim about having the option to alter someone's memories and as a result change a person't entire personality. It's definatly a fascinating concept.

I'd say it is worth 24 bucks for the atmosphere.

Forgot to buy System Shock 2 before it left. Hopefully it comes back.

Tempted to maybe finally get Fallout New Vegas, but money is tight and it'll be that price again. I also doubt I'd play it between now and the next sale.

Chrysalis

Gunpoint, people. Let's do it.

In other news, Hitman worth the price (and more importantly, the time) as a stealth game?

Is Eador "fixed"? Last I heard it was a buggy mess.

mrgone

I believe it's been said that it'll be $20-30 for the standalone.

Dean Hall's mentioned the Minecraft model a number of times, and thrown the $10 alpha number around back in May, so I'm very much hoping for $10-15 for Day1 masochists :3

edit: Wait, I think that $10 was just actually the increase in price from alpha to beta. Still hoping for $10-15 for the alpha :D

RS4-

ugh, I know I have the original Fallout 1 and 2 on disc somewhere in my room. Only found Fallout Brotherhood of Steel :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is crafting badges for coupons worth it? do we know any details about them?

Coupons are not currently being dropped when crafting badges. That went away about a week before the sale started.

Fallout 2 is open world or hubs? Can you travel across it or is it an overworld like M&B?

How diverse/deep are the choices and your impact on the world? Can you join the Brotherhood or become a slaver?

Are there a lot of towns/outposts to travel to (I loved finding places like Megaton and Rivet City in F3)?

Trouble

Banned
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-0B21BE2F762EC2B4 - Taken by SaveFerris
Machinarium -- MB-4B90C9692DF14E1B - Taken by kadab
Aquaria -- MB-9ADEEA71242EE884 - Taken by frozzted
Swords & Soldiers -- MB-EF1D605848A16C72
Avadon, Cogs, Snuggle Truck, and Zen Bound 2 -- MB-7F45434BDB7BCA69
Cogs -- MB-75D71EF7E550242C
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-CCC0F39AA63EF010
Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 -- MB-C197D12A8BCB543F
World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE -- MB-900206E7B1ABAB2E - Taken by Jason Frost
Splice -- MB-479A54C0EF14395C
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-EACDFCAE7C54AC49
Frozen Synapse -- MB-1E9DBDE8FFA72CCE - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-BFD31F67AD97F416 - Taken by Agent White
Beat Hazard Ultra (DLC) -- MB-DD5CEBAC1EB4E446
Swords & Soldiers #2 -- MB-46D62D75464928AE - Taken by iqubal
Nightsky -- MB-ECC221BC2E8838A5
Waking Mars -- MB-098B8337AA6F5574

Anybody Actually bought The Sims 3?

What a fail price

Yeah, it's so bad. I kind of want to pick it up at some point since I haven't touched a Sims game since the first one.

It's 5 bucks on Origin right now -- this is probably just a cheesy tactic to drive people to Origin.

fantomena

Yeah the base game is like 4.99 on Origin (but I can understand some people hate Origin). I guess Steam can't match Origin's prices.

EA knows they get more money from Steam than their own service, so they make the price high on Steam. ;)

I bought Sims 3 + Pets

Prophane33

With that said, if/when Valve stops releasing series 1 cards...

That would be the only way to stop the downward slope of card values. Valve needs to give them some sort of value. As it is, everyone and their brother is out there trying to earn cards leading to an increase in supply (heck, I didn't even try earning cards until the sale started) , one people realized you could get money for the cards the increase in availability led to people trying to undercut one another leading to a very large downward trend in prices. The value of the Summer Sale cards may go up, but common cards are going to eventually bottom out if they haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom