• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

The store page for Kerbal says there aren't any objectives is that true? I have a hard time getting in to pure sandbox games like that. Might hold off until it gets out of early access.

esai

got myself a foil!
jetdWsHVgzyV4.png

now do i play the waiting game to sell it or do it now?

hitmon

Kind of want Kerbal, but price is a bit high. I'll wait for a future sale. Just realized I missed out on System Shock 2 despite attempting to stay up for it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Attempt #3 to get rid of these, now with less restrictions.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cthulu Saves the World -- MB-64B65715BE7A0FA9 - Taken by blindrocket
Breath of Death VII -- MB-672889F2F32F1EF8
Dawn of War II Retribution -- MB-56F8E18FA1E943A7 - Taken by RibbedHero

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
The store page for Kerbal says there aren't any objectives is that true? I have a hard time getting in to pure sandbox games like that. Might hold off until it gets out of early access.

Objectives are still a few updates down the line. There are mods that create a sort of career mode, but it's a bit clunky.

Deadbeat

Banned
Hey I want to do more modbot giveaways of the same game with multiple copies, but steam wont send the gift link to the same email. Is there a way around this or is steam just flooded at the moment?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nope, just dumb luck. Level only affects your booster pack droprate
I'm not even sure what a booster pack is :(... does it have anything to do with having multiple of each card?

Has Bohemia even said how the community will migrate for standalone and Arma III?

Seems like a risky purchase right now, we don't even know how standalone will be priced. It would be nice if they gave a discount to everyone who owns Arma II but they can probably get away with charging $50 for it.

hitmon

Is the store broken for anyone else? I try clicking on one of the dailies and they just rearrange themselves.

edit: seems to be Fallout that's broken.

smr00

Banned
So guys is Tomb Raider really, really worth it, as in, "I'm not gonna eat this week but at least I have Tomb Raider"-good?
If a $10-13 game is going to cause you not to eat for an entire week i think you need to step back and start to really budget your money.

No game is worth that.

Stimpack

Has Bohemia even said how the community will migrate for standalone and Arma III?

Seems like a risky purchase right now, we don't even know how standalone will be priced. It would be nice if they gave a discount to everyone who owns Arma II but they can probably get away with charging $50 for it.

I believe it's been said that it'll be $20-30 for the standalone.

jordisok

BTW anyone pick up AoEII HD? Thinking bout treating my bro.

Want Kerbal Space Program but don't really see a need to tie it to my steam account, was hoping the dev shop would have a similar discount, think I'll just pay what they're asking.

arma 3 is so so much better than arma 2 from a playability standpoint that i image all tons will migrate over except those guys who only play with the crazy elaborate mods

Fireblend

Banned
If a $10-13 game is going to cause you not to eat for an entire week i think you need to step back and start to really budget your money.

No game is worth that.

I'm exaggerating :p still, it's a tough choice, my gf's birthday was last week and that left my July expenses budget pretty damaged.

BTW anyone pick up AoEII HD? Thinking bout treating my bro.

I thought about it. That game consumed months of my life when the original first came out. Kinda wanted to buy it for nostalgia alone. Do you know if you can play vs other players online in the HD version?

Not risky. Game is in beta, probably will be for the next few months. No way ArmA 2 owners are going to get a discount, since ArmA 3 is a total upgrade and pretty much a totally fresh experience.

They won't "get away" with anything, they'll charge a proper $50 for the game when it is fully released. It was a little over $30 for the alpha, so the price is only going to increase until the finale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Tenrius

I'm trying to buy fallout, but it just keeps refreshing the store page. I can click on everything else properly.

It's a glitch, use the search instead.

Incidentally, I'd like to thank I H8 Memes for his assistance with a purchase from the US store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom