• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

Would buying the Steam version of the Witcher 2 for myself be crossing the crazy person line, if I already own, installed and played multiple times, the GoG version? Those stupid cards and achievements have me thinking about it.
I've bought dark souls 5 times. I think you're good. Buy it. :p

Nimajneb

Just grabbed Tomb Raider Anniversary for $0.80, thanks for the heads up. I'm new to the series, what other games should I grab while they're dirt cheap?

atbigelow

Haven't participated in the sale.

...until today. Grabbed The Witcher 2, AoE2 HD (was even JUST looking at this yesterday, woo), and Tomb Raider. I wasn't interested in TR at full price, but it was recommended to me, so here goes.

games tend to go down to a certain price and not get cheaper than that. Usually when it's $5 or $2.5

summer sales are ussually better for getting deals in newer games that werent available last year.

yeah but certain games are not going down in price, even though it's been what, 2-3 years since release?

It's like hovering at $6-7.

Crayons

Banned
Are any of the other Tomb Raider games worth it, and don't look or feel dated?

Just grabbed Tomb Raider Anniversary for $0.80, thanks for the heads up. I'm new to the series, what other games should I grab while they're dirt cheap?

Anniversary, Legends, Underworld.

VXRwMny.png

I'm beating Salsa, and he went to sleep!

Grief.exe

Would buying the Steam version of the Witcher 2 for myself be crossing the crazy person line, if I already own, installed and played multiple times, the GoG version? Those stupid cards and achievements have me thinking about it.

I already pulled the same stunt during the winter sale.

Wanted to get achievements for my third play through.

You could give the CD Key from the Steam version to someone and let them register for the GOG.com edition.

Enco

For the lols on GAF? That's funny.

For someone in the real world without unlimited funds? That's ridiculous.

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
This is just great. Picked up Far Cry 3 and Ubisoft decides to pull the UPlay servers for an unknown reason. Lots of people are complaining on the Steam forums.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Going to go out for a Dinner for some time fellow GAFfer, much respect to you all.

Hope you all can get those Tomb Raider amazing deals and Borderlands 2 and perhaps Tomb Raider if you are into it.

Have fun and I see you soon!
Thanks man, hope you enjoy the dinner!

I'm thinking about getting Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. I can't go wrong with those 3, right? Chronicles would be nice for nostalgia reasons (played some of it on my old PS1), but not sure if I want to pay 62 cents for it.

Actiss

How's Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition? I have Legendary Edition though haven't played it yet (I think I got it from one bundle or another). Is Chaos worth seven and a half smackeroos over Legendary?

Crayons

Banned

If you bought it on Steam, you'd get a GoG key included.

Digoman

So I'm not the only one thinking about that...

It's all a matter of "perspective". We would be supporting CDPR!

It means it wont work on FAT32. Just NTFS. You'll have NTFS

Don't worry about that. I doubt your filesystem is FAT32.

It's about the file system, FAT32 is not supported. If you have a new PC, your disks are most likely formatted in NTFS (which is supported), so it's all good.

My drives are all indeed NTFS so thank you all for taking the trouble to put my mind at rest :).

Well that settles it then; I'm going in! The Witcher, The Witcher 2 and I are having a threesome!

Is there no end to Enhanced Steam's powahs?! :eek:

:) Oh and my prices are now back to £ so yay! Thanks sir.

I think the OP and the FAQ's need to carry a seizure warning. Making my head spin just looking at them.

You should have seen them before they were tweaked! :/

AHA-Lambda

Yes, most of what I've bought so far this sale have been double dips on PS360 games I own but your example is like me buying a PS3 game even though I already own that PS3 game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That list cant be right, skyrim isnt on the list and im getting cards for it right now

It's true - something is definitely up. But it's on Valve's end and it's Saturday so it'll probably get fixed about the same time as this Tomb Raider glitch.

Vecks

I enjoyed all of the Crystal Dynamics ones. Haven't played the classics yet. Legend has stuff I'm not fond of, like bike chasing and shoot outs. But Underworld, though it has more puzzles and exploration, is a buggy mess.

geekamania

Neo Member
Is it normal to go crazy during your first Steam sale? At this rate I won't have money to feed my kid for a while, but at least he'll be distracted from his hunger by lots & lots of games.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Finally entered into this season's sale with FEZ and Tomb Raider. Now I'm hoping for System Shock 2 and Another World. Then I'm happy.

And I thought I'd give this away since all my friends are already Civ-addicts:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization IV -- MB-E6BC746BC68CBE69 - Taken by Gaz Pwnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom