• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogiftdsww.gif

I'm selling off all the cards I get.

I don't really see the benefits of waiting?

I've sold all of my cards except my FTL cards, only because I had no more drops and it said I was possibly due for a booster pack. I assumed (probably incorrectly) I needed to keep the cards to get the booster.
Well I've both, played and idled the game quite a bit, and no booster pack.

Volotaire

Due to the good feeling in the steam threads, here ya go. Not much, but hopefully it'll give somebody some fun.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-A0247DA2A3DC27A4 - Taken by OrlanisWorks

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thank you Semblance for gifting me System Shock 2. You're awesome. :3

I could've sworn Sims 3 has been 75% off before. Why is the discount so weak? I don't wanna get this on Origin....

It's better if you bought it as retail. It can be registered in Origin AND you can play it without going online/running origin.

Prophane33

I've sold all of my cards except my FTL cards, only because I had no more drops and it said I was possibly due for a booster pack. I assumed (probably incorrectly) I needed to keep the cards to get the booster.

boosters don't come from idling, just logging into steam once a week.

I wanted to buy the 5 first Tomb Raider games, but their prices increased yesterday...

I don't have money, only Steam keys left.

Is there anyone willing to do some exchange with me?

I can exchange:
- Cogs
- NightSky HD
- Dungeon Defenders (+ all its DLC)
- Splice
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- Waking Mars

Tenrius

Fallout 2 is open world or hubs? Can you travel across it or is it an overworld like M&B?

How diverse/deep are the choices and your impact on the world? Can you join the Brotherhood or become a slaver?

Are there a lot of towns/outposts to travel to (I loved finding places like Megaton and Rivet City in F3)?

There's an overworld with quite a lot of places to visit, random encounters and special random encounters (easter eggs etc). Overall it's way less linear than Fallout 3 and certainly is a better game, but a bit different.

Celegus

Steeeeaaaaam!!!!! I just deleted Shogun 2 to make room for Witcher 2, since it's huge and didn't have cards. And now that it's on sale, it has cards. I can't stand looking at my badges page and still having drops remaining on games I own.

Oreoleo

Booster packs tend to go out in waves. Most people who are eligible for one will get them all at about the same time (within an hour or two).

At least that's what's happened the last two times.

Prophane33

will do. thanks for the advice. not so good with making money off digital items.

I started off this sale with 0 dollars. I've bought a 9.99 and a 2.49 game using nothing but funds from cards. If you have a lot of games that give cards you can do the same thing too.

Iresecia

Neo Member
EA knows they get more money from Steam than their own service, so they make the price high on Steam. ;)

I bought Sims 3 + Pets

I made my first Sims 3 purchase on Steam back when they had everything that was out at the time for like 75% off. It was like $80 for all of it discounted from like $239. I've made the move to Origin though (since the keys worked on Origin) due to the fact that Steam stopped releasing Sims games for awhile. I assume there was a fallout between EA and Steam.

chronomac

I already have Gunpoint but I voted for it anyway. Fantastic game. It's short, in that it only takes a couple hours to finish, but there's a good bit of replayability, getting achievements and breaking par times. There are also a couple decisions in the game so you can go back and make the other choice to see what happens.

On top of all that, it's also funny, smart, and has a nice film noir, 8-bit aesthetic which I found really pleasing. It runs on almost anything too, so you don't have to fret about that.

liezryou

Steeeeaaaaam!!!!! I just deleted Shogun 2 to make room for Witcher 2, since it's huge and didn't have cards. And now that it's on sale, it has cards. I can't stand looking at my badges page and still having drops remaining on games I own.

Get an external hard drive bro. I got one 1tb for 60$ on sale a while ago.

masterkajo

I know the feeling. Deleted Hitman (23GB) and now it has cards. What has steam become? I will use up all my bandwidth this month for trading card idling and then beginning next month I can finally download the games I bought in the sale and want to play :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom