• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Does franchise sale mean everything 'Fallout' is a daily sale discount or should I be waiting if I want Fallout 3 GOTY?

Chariot

you gotta love Arma II is now a daily only because of one mod.

And thanks to some Greenlight games, I now am very tempted to buy RPG maker. Just one question: can ANY object be used as the player character?
Yes, since the charsets are more or less just pictures, no physic or attributes attached.

liezryou

So what do? Leave it? Repost?

My system shock 2 giveaways were claimed already. As was the 2nd copy of Witcher 2 I gave away.

I guess repost, no idea. But if you gave a gift away and it's still in your inventory it means the person did not claim the gift URL or rejected.

DaBoss

Yesterday I gave away Tomb Raider and Witcher 2... but they're still in my gift inventory?

Ask if the winners tried to claimed the games. I had the same problem and it was the links. I think I clicked on the links which caused the link to not work. Just make a new link b emailing it to yourself again and then send the new links to the winners.

Lemming

Fallout 2 is open world or hubs? Can you travel across it or is it an overworld like M&B?

How diverse/deep are the choices and your impact on the world? Can you join the Brotherhood or become a slaver?

Are there a lot of towns/outposts to travel to (I loved finding places like Megaton and Rivet City in F3)?

1) overworld travelling between hubs. Random events mid-travel.
2) Nice variety of action -> reaction, but they are rather limited to their own hubs
3) Not as packed as f3/nv.
4) go for it :)

Omega

Banned
can I trade a game in my library if I've never installed it?

Fallout NV ultimate edition is cheaper than buying the DLC..

Grief.exe

Is there big texture mods like skyrim for new vegas. Cause the fallout series looks awful graphically

This particular one is for 3, but 3, NV, and Skyrim all run on the same engine.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=48779214&postcount=1121

439s40.png

mrgone

you gotta love Arma II is now a daily only because of one mod.

And thanks to some Greenlight games, I now am very tempted to buy RPG maker. Just one question: can ANY object be used as the player character?

It's better than the sale where they both jacked the price up and then discounted it less than they had previously due to the popularity of DayZ:(

(And I still bought it, and I still feel unclean)

It's better than the sale where they both jacked the price up and then discounted it less than they had previously due to the popularity of DayZ:(

(And I still bought it, and I still feel unclean)

I remember when they were giving it away for free, and I didn't even think it was worth the time to redeem a key.

Is there any chance that Dead Rising 2: Off The Record goes on sale?

like FFVII: doesn't look like it.

I know that feel. :(

edit: it has been in previous sales, but for some reason there is no discount now. The very different and exclusive 3 is so different that I think they won't discount due to a brand perception change, if that makes sense.

Volotaire

Hopefully I haven't put the wrong key and game in this time!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-6F4BE83E7E45BEEF - Taken by zychi

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No, you already have the superior game.

Do get FOs 1 and 2 if you haven't played them.
Fine. I was tempted by the old Fallouts, but I'd rather wait for a 75% off sale on them.

If I end up liking them all, I may pick up F3 somewhere down the line, I guess there's no hurry to buy it now.

I have to note how awfully the market has crashed since the start of the sale. I have listed about 8 cards between £0.12 and £0.15 for the past couple of days, and they still haven't been bought.

Granted, I was expecting it to crash at some point but not so soon. Gone are the days when you could sell a single card for £0.40.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yeeeeahhh..

Crafted 2 badges..

Level 1 Hotline Miami
Level 1 Bioshock Infinite

IdY1QsR.jpg

All I do know is I'm giving fellow steam users quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom