• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
120 for all the Sims expansions. Thats like 12 cards, JUST THINK OF THE SAVINGS

I might do this.....i bought the base game and installing now. Want to make sure i can access the game fine and EA doesnt fuck me.

It's way cheaper on Origin. $8 an expansion.

l2KhRDA.gif

Feels goodman.

Hahahaha feel the same way.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm going to put my cards up for sell. Never bothered with them, don't know anything about them. How much are the fees?

bu-but I thought sales were damaging!4

C'mon man. One guy from EA says one dumb thing one time. On the other hand, dozens or hundreds have talked about the incredible lifts they see at Steam sale time and the deals just keep on coming. Can't we just all let go of that EA guy thing already?

Ohh man, I thought I was being good, but now Eador is really tempting me. at 11 it's a steal, but I just don't need it.

hold....

Ahh well, FO:NV it is. Hopefully less janky than on the xbawks.

I've already gone through my initial budget of $50 and just added another $20 to my wallet.

This is my first summer sale, how did you guys survive previous sales?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You did good work sir, keep it up. Hope the Steam Sales are being good for you! ;)

They've been great so far! I've had a blast hanging out with you guys too.

Gurrry

Dear Guys,

I havent bought anything during the sale yet... :( Nothing has really caught my eye. I feel like a girl trying on clothes and nothing looks good on me.

Whats wrong with me?

Love,

Gurrry

Windam

Scaley member
So is the general consensus that I should sell all my cards and not bother with crafting badges? I sold a card two days ago for $0.30 and now it's disappeared from my Steam wallet... Didn't use it on anything, either. :/ Wtf

I know almost everyone owns it by now but why let it rot in my inventory? Hopefully someone can make use of it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight -- MB-C285E1ECB14CDDDB

I've already gone through my initial budget of $50 and just added another $20 to my wallet.

I don't buy games at launch, just wait for the seals. We get one each season, so it's not like the timing is difficult. Just means a few weeks of waiting.

Dear Guys,

I havent bought anything during the sale yet... :( Nothing has really caught my eye. I feel like a girl trying on clothes and nothing looks good on me.

Whats wrong with me?

Love,

Gurrry

what games do you like, i'm sure people here will give recommendations

Tecl0n

Dear Guys,

Whats wrong with me?

Love,

Gurrry

Does the game have cards -> Yes -> Do i own it -> No -> Buy.

oh man. i just wanted enough money for rouge legacy, but it seems like i won't even reach that.

And what I made is basically nothing, as I still haven't dropped a single foil. All I've been doing is selling all my cards and not caring for badges.

Some people around here got foils that sold for 15$ during the beta, crazy money.

Bumhead

Banned

Your first is always your most expensive. The longer you spend on Steam the more you will see repeat deals etc.

Still, this is my 3rd summer sale with various others in between and I'm still having to say no to deals just to keep within the £50 budget I have (which is already a 2x increase on my planned budget)

Xyber

The first sale is the worst. That's where you want to get everything you've missed. This is now my third summer sale and I've spent ~3-4€ so far from my own money (~14€ from my card money). There's just not that much to buy anymore (un)fortunately.

SparkTR

Dear Guys,

Whats wrong with me?

Love,

Gurrry

Literally every game on Steam is on sale, there is something. Check Toma's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom