• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Bought quite a few games, but Avernum: Escape from the Pit is taking all of my time. Just clicked the world map and... well.

Damn.
It's next on my list after I finish Geneforge 3, ended up enjoying the Spiderweb games a lot more than I thought I would. They remind me of Rings of Power though, so that's probably why I love them.

Tenrius

Some nice GAFfer
Deadbeat
gifted me the Time Gentlemen, Please! double pack and I'll totally play the second part right now. No idling, no cards. Just pure, uncorrupted gaming. I don't even know how that feels anymore and I'm scared but here we go..

You'll soon learn the price of true freedom.

jersoc

Dear Guys,

I havent bought anything during the sale yet... :( Nothing has really caught my eye. I feel like a girl trying on clothes and nothing looks good on me.

Whats wrong with me?

Love,

Gurrry

i haven't bought much either. it's either because all the good deals i've gotten already or the stuff i'm on the fence about hasn't hit the sweet spot for impulse buy.

what is sanctum, any good?

Dear Guys,

I havent bought anything during the sale yet... :( Nothing has really caught my eye. I feel like a girl trying on clothes and nothing looks good on me.

Whats wrong with me?

Love,

Gurrry

i'm the same, haven't bought a game on sale at all, ever. can't decide.

Deadbeat

Banned
Some nice GAFfer
Deadbeat
gifted me the Time Gentlemen, Please! double pack and I'll totally play the second part right now. No idling, no cards. Just pure, uncorrupted gaming. I don't even know how that feels anymore and I'm scared but here we go..
Hey you are welcome.

I am jumping between indoctrinating people with that game and Alpha Prime.

If you're fine with vanilla buy it and buy the dlc at the next sale. Fallout dlc is pretty much the best dlc ever released though. Love it.

Fallout 1 is nothing like the others.

Thanks, the dlc are more expensive than the base game, so I don't know, lol.

btw, steam says fallout 3 is not windows 7 compatible, lol?

reddmyst

I wonder if I should wait for Kerbal Space Program to go down even further? Does anyone believe it'll go down or should I just get it now?

Wok

I wonder if I should wait for Kerbal Space Program to go down even further? Does anyone believe it'll go down or should I just get it now?

The daily deal is the best you can hope for, unless you count on a price mistake during a flash deal.

Still missing one but here's a start...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout New Vegas - MB-7E09C746F0753AC3 - Taken by Kapow
Fallout New Vegas - MB-4D4535EC693A669C - Taken by Mass Effect

So Phil Fish just posted this:

bildschirmfoto2013-071coak.png

Never doubt the power of a good sale.

seems more like a marketing problem to me, to be honest. Even at a high price, there should still more sales for a game like that than what I'm seeing there. I think, anyway.

Digoman

A steam sales chart with actual numbers? Always nice when developers break the NDA (I assume) so we can see that :)

FEZ case is probably a little extreme because it's one of those releases where a lot people were waiting for the "summer sale" to buy it, but in general, yeah... there a reason every other digital retailer starting using the same model as Valve's.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It's way cheaper on Origin. $8 an expansion.

Its about 20$ cheaper for all the stuff i want.

But i dont like origin or EA. And im gonna do a test now but it seems as if i dont have to ligin with an EA account as well as being able to play in offline mode with steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom