• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spotted this gem while looking for SS2 win percentages:

Called it - all garbage.

Simcity 4 don't care.

Metro Last Light I got with my Titan for free.

Balancing my Budget.... Really?

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars - No thanks, not my cup of tea.

And System Shock 2 is way to old and something that would not be fun to play. I guess it's a nostalgia factor for many here.

Voted for Mark of the Ninja.

I love you all, good night see you at 1pm EST.

What is this I don't even...

Lets say he gets 50% of the $5.00 for simplicity sake.

$2.50 * 60k = $150k

Damn!

He get's 70% before taxes, and they sold a little more than 100k copies. Also, not everyone paid in USD, and other regions are more expensive.

So let's assume a mean price of the game of $6

$6*0.7*100,000 = $420,000

More likely.

Hello every one here at NeoGAF and reading this Steam thread,

If I do a giveaway like I did yesterday, is there people willing to do exchange with me after in return?

Thanks in advance!

Gunpoint

It's an awesome indie mix of retro Mark of the Ninja, Watchdog'a hacking, and witty humor and a level editor.

Support indies. Vote for Gunpoint

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So Fallout 3 is also 75% off? Does anyone know what problems it has not being optimized with windows 7? I don't wanna end up wasting 5$ for an even more broken game.

It will freeze every 15 minutes while sound continues if you have a multicore processor, but I guess some people haven't had this problem.

bgbball31

Really enjoy playing Far Cry 3 so far, having played it for about 3-4 hours. What I don't like is the save system making me replay some of that time. Any way to change it, or just get used to it?

A steam sales chart with actual numbers? Always nice when developers break the NDA (I assume) so we can see that :)

He co-pubbed it. So if he's breaking an NDA it's only with himself I think. Maybe his alter-ego can file a lawsuit against him.

seems more like a marketing problem to me, to be honest. Even at a high price, there should still more sales for a game like that than what I'm seeing there. I think, anyway.

This is a pretty typical looking sales curve, actually.

He get's 70% before taxes, and they sold a little more than 100k copies. Also, not everyone paid in USD, and other regions are more expensive.

More likely.

HO LY FUCK ... Well, brb, spending the next 5 years developing a game from scratch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on this: anyone interested?

8F1Cou6.png

r33dRiI.png

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You do not get hand-holded at all. And the first time you accomplish milestones (get into orbit, land on the mun) are going to be incredibly satisfying.

I felt so fucking rewarded when I reached a stable orbit and saw the sun rise over earth the first time.

And there is no hand holding, period. You're given tools, a few tutorials, and then you're kicked on your ass to do things yourself. Your first couple ships WILL blow up before orbit, or will otherwise fail to reach it, but you just keep trying.

Also Fallout 3 is onsale too?! I might bite.

Each and every launch is rewarding;
it doesn't matter if it fails miserably, it's a sandbox game, half the fun is making crazy rockets and seeing what they do before they explode in a blaze of glory.

Thanks, guys. I think I will bite on this. Any tops for beginners?

I don't think anyone answered me earlier. Does Kerbal have any structure at this point?

Looking at videos/reviews, looks like it is purely a sandbox at this point. With plenty of things/objectives that you can create for yourself (launching rockets, creating a space station, space walks, moon walks, planets to get to).

liezryou

More likely.

One of the biggest steam markets is less expensive... CIS... use 5$ not 6$.

derExperte

More likely.

Renaud Bédard who made the PC version will get a nice piece too I guess.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The hell is happening to Steam, first the Sonic Collection goes back to normal price when it should be 50pct off till july 22, then System Shock 2 disappears and comes back.

One of the biggest steam markets is less expensive... CIS... use 5$ not 6$.

I wasn't sure how to factor CIS and RU into it. I have no idea what people buy there and how much. You're probably right.

Figured Fez would have moved more units than this. Weird.

Maybe it would have done better as a normal midweek/weekend sale.
Too much competition for spending money right now. Although Summer Sale gives a huge boost in visibility.

I don't know. 100k seems alright for a year old port of an indie game though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My first ASCII art will be dicks! Dicks everywhere!

Ha! Nope will just replace the existing emoticons that are already available. But will do so even if you do not have said emoticon.

Other Enhanced Steam users would see the emoticon. Non-Enhanced Steam users would just see the text like normal.

Maybe because it was 50% off? If it was 75% then the spike would be even greater.

No, I meant the fact that sales are so few outside of launch and sale periods. Had he sold at 75% off, he would have had a similar amount of sales, yet lost a lot of money on it. People aren't really that price aware where it concerns 'ideas worth selling', sort to speak.
What you're looking at in that picture (in my opinion), is the effect of media coverage. And by media, I do include neogaf and facebook with their own added effects.

I will be (very) interesting to see Gunpoint's perspective on bananas should it win.

This is a pretty typical looking sales curve, actually.

If you say so. I wouldn't know, honestly. And yeah, I was also wondering about the NDA thing. :(

graywolf323

Working on this: anyone interested?

8F1Cou6.png

r33dRiI.png

so sorta like being able to have any of the backgrounds we'll be able to use any of the emoticons? with the obvious restriction that only other enhanced steam users will be able to see them

my only question is would it work in the web chat?

I was being sarcastic, he looked pretty miserable in the documentary, still im sure he is happy with all this success.

I think he gets more joy out of life trolling twitter and people in general.

I've come around on the guy. Used to irk me, now I see what he's doing and appreciate it.

Scrabble

Much easier, a more 'casual', watered down and actiony experience than the original. Also missing content in RoE

So it's at least a different experience? As someone who likes Doom 3, I don't need to play an exact version of it and a more actiony paced could be pretty cool.

jshackles

so sorta like being able to have any of the backgrounds we'll be able to use any of the emoticons? with the obvious restriction that only other enhanced steam users will be able to see them

my only question is would it work in the web chat?

Yes, this could most likely be made to work with the web chat. I'll have to see if the DOM mutates when new messages are sent. If so it will be trivially easy to do.

AHA-Lambda

Called it - all garbage.

Simcity 4 don't care.

Metro Last Light I got with my Titan for free.

Balancing my Budget.... Really?

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars - No thanks, not my cup of tea.

And System Shock 2 is way to old and something that would not be fun to play. I guess it's a nostalgia factor for many here.

Voted for Mark of the Ninja.

I love you all, good night see you at 1pm EST.

You are so wrong about SS2 XD

I played it for the first time a few months ago and it was great.

HoosTrax

Faction Traits:
Vigilance (+2 to the experience of defending garrison units)
Logistics (-10% to the upkeep cost of all land units)
Authority (+2 to repression across all provinces)
Overseeing (+5% increase in tax income)
History of the Obama
The Overseers
The Sakai clan, the rulers of Obama, are firm supporters of the Shogunate. The original Sakai lord of the domain, Sakai Tadakatsu, was one of the roju, or elders, under Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first Shogun. This was a hugely important post in the affairs of Japan, and Tadakatsu was correspondingly powerful within the Shogunate's administration. The Sakai clan could also claim to be related to the Minamoto clan, and to be cousins of both the Tokugawa and the Matsudaira clans. They are, then, very well connected. Their domain is worthy of them. The town of Obama had been a prosperous trading port, but its importance declined as Japan closed itself off from the outside world. It remained an important link to Ezo, modern Hokkaido.

Because of their long experience of government and administration, they are experts at managing the population of their lands. They receive a taxation bonus, and are highly efficient at repression. They also spend money wisely, and they pay less upkeep for land units. All their garrison troops are also of high quality.

It is, by the way, a complete coincidence that the 44th President of the United States has the same name as this domain.

Up until the very last line of the description, I thought it was a troll / parody on the part of Creative Assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom