• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
To those wanting to buy Sims 3

BUY IT AS A RETAIL and not from Origin itself. When bought as a retail, you do not need to run Origin when playing it, and you don't have to be online even. You can use the serial in Origin to add them in the database, but otherwise they can be played without Origin.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What Steam Sales look like to the developers:
BPJ5TKOCMAEUih5.jpg:large

Kinda looks like my Enhanced Steam stats leading up to the sale:

PnH7gDV.png

The "low" amounts are about 4,000 per day. The spike is the day the sale started.

Edwardo

You need to get Portal 2 just to make me feel jealous fellow GAFfer.

Vote for Gun Point please.

Get Fallout NV if you don't have it already and FO3 too and even the Classics because they are great (I have one of them on GOG, it's good stuff.

Oh, and welcome back!

I beat Fallout 3 when it came out on the 360. I just had so many games to play at the time that I never looked into New Vegas. Just bought it now.

Kerbal Space Program looks like it could be fun.

DRG

Neo Member
I bought the Ultimate Edition of Fallout: NV but it shows up in my Library as the regular version, and I can still buy another copy of the Ultimate Edition for myself. If I install the game, does it also install all the DLC? I've never bought a ultimate/full version of a game before so I don't know how Steam categorizes it.

El Odio

Banned
So Fallout 3 is also 75% off? Does anyone know what problems it has not being optimized with windows 7? I don't wanna end up wasting 5$ for an even more broken game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Difficult at times, but fun. There is no story to it yet though, but you'll get one soon iirc.

AMAZING game, just don't get frustrated and quit after a few hours.

It looks like there is a steep learning curve. But it also looks like you get that rewarding feeling when you actually succeed in launching a rocket/etc. Is that the case? Or does the game hold your hand?

I bought the Ultimate Edition of Fallout: NV but it shows up in my Library as the regular version, and I can still buy another copy of the Ultimate Edition for myself. If I install the game, does it also install all the DLC? I've never bought a ultimate/full version of a game before so I don't know how Steam categorizes it.

DLC is there dont worry.

Deques

Check the properties of the game. The dlcs might be listed there

Yes. Check the DLC in the Properties folder of your game on Steam.

Iresecia

Neo Member
To those wanting to buy Sims 3

BUY IT AS A RETAIL and not from Origin itself. When bought as a retail, you do not need to run Origin when playing it, and you don't have to be online even. You can use the serial in Origin to add them in the database, but otherwise they can be played without Origin.

In my experience I've never had to run Origin to play The Sims, even after I switched to Origin to download my Sims games when I was originally playing them via Steam. Unless it does some sort of background mumbo jumbo then you don't have to run Origin.

liezryou

It looks like there is a steep learning curve. But it also looks like you get that rewarding feeling when you actually succeed in launching a rocket/etc. Is that the case? Or does the game hold your hand?

You do not get hand-holded at all. And the first time you accomplish milestones (get into orbit, land on the mun) are going to be incredibly satisfying.

I felt so fucking rewarded when I reached a stable orbit and saw the sun rise over earth the first time.

And there is no hand holding, period. You're given tools, a few tutorials, and then you're kicked on your ass to do things yourself. Your first couple ships WILL blow up before orbit, or will otherwise fail to reach it, but you just keep trying.

Also Fallout 3 is onsale too?! I might bite.

DRG

Neo Member
Thanks for the responses. I just wasn't sure and thought it was odd it didn't show up as the Ultimate Edition in my Library. Does Steam do that for all game of the year editions?

Lessons learned: Cheaper games sale more copies (We all knew that)

Fez was already very affordable to begin with though. I think it points more towards people willing to wait to buy a game if they know that a sale is coming.

Phil Fish acting like a prick towards the PC community could have something to do with Fez's lukewarm initial reception though.

Each and every launch is rewarding;
it doesn't matter if it fails miserably, it's a sandbox game, half the fun is making crazy rockets and seeing what they do before they explode in a blaze of glory.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
In my experience I've never had to run Origin to play The Sims, even after I switched to Origin to download my Sims games when I was originally playing them via Steam. Unless it does some sort of background mumbo jumbo then you don't have to run Origin.

I guess I just don't run Origin period :p

And wait, you can send Steam Sims 3 to Origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom