• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

_machine

It will freeze every 15 minutes while sound continues if you have a multicore processor, but I guess some people haven't had this problem.
Just played through the game with an i7 and didn't have that problem and neither have any of my mates had anything like that (there are few multicore ini tweaks that supposedly help with various issues), but there's fair amount of crashing here and there, mostly due to the autosaves like in other Beth games (it'll create an autosave, but crash immediately afterwards). Completely playable though and even though it's not as good as New Vegas I can definitely recommend it.

Imagine the sales if it had cards.

Yeah. Looks like they might come at some point in the future though.

AXr.png

SparkTR

Yeah when you think about it, the game has lots of fuzz, but then again It was available for 360 for a long time, maybe thats why.

It was a slow seller on XBLA as well, as it sold something like 100,000 copies in it's launch month. That's with the high praise reviews and marketing push, which never happened for the Steam version. I think its complexity keeps it at a niche.

bakeray

It was a slow seller on XBLA as well, which sold something like 100,000 copies in it's launch month. That's with the high praise reviews and marketing push, which never happened for the Steam version. I think it's complexity keeps it at a niche.
Yup. Phil Fish may be a douche, but I bought it on XBLA the day it came out and the game was amazing. Suggest anyone who is into puzzlers to pick up.

Voted Gunpoint, that's one of the few games I had my eye on during this sale.

Remember Me at $30? I'll pass. Want that game to drop to $19.99 or lower before I bite.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Just played through the game with an i7 and didn't have that problem and neither have any of my mates had anything like that (there are few multicore ini tweaks that supposedly help with various issues), but there's fair amount of crashing here and there, mostly due to the autosaves like in other Beth games (it'll create an autosave, but crash immediately afterwards). Completely playable though and even though it's not as good as New Vegas I can definitely recommend it.

I just don't get this. I have cycled through 3 computers in the last few years, and all of them had this un fixable freezing problem. Why am i cursed?

So I got the Metro rejection letter yesterday from Best Buy but those fuckers still havent refunded me my money. This shit will not stand man.

Do you need to play Fallout 3 to 'get' NV? Would I be missing a lot I guess is the better question. I have NV on PS3 but the jaggies are atrocious.

On XBLA Fez sold 200k in one year, and in Steam Sales it sold 105k in 48 hours....

ok, so our first steam summer sale is over and it was BANANERS

we sold more copies in the first 24 hours of the sale than we had on steam in the first 3 months since release!

and over the course of the full 48 hours, we sold more than we had in our first month on XBLA. it's been fuckin' NUTSO.

thank you cheap people everywhere!

we sold 105k units in 48 hours.

so, about that boycott...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man I feel like I'm the only one who didn't buy Fez. Didn't really interest me and the dev only made me pursue it less.

RS4-

Let's have some fun for a Sunday afternoon.

$5 game of your choice to the best haiku about Steam sales in the next 20 minutes.

Spaceships to the moon
Shadows through the porthole
A final success

Red lights
Keyboard out the window
Broken mouse

Cards in inventory
Fills the wallet of

Gaben

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Fuck it, I'm gonna spend my remaining wallet funds maxing out the SS2 badge.

Also reach level 20 for that extra tiny chance at booster packs

Man I feel like I'm the only one who didn't buy Fez. Didn't really interest me and the dev only made me pursue it less.
Nah, I don't have the slightest interest in it either. Partly due to Fish's comments about the potential of a PC port at first, and also due to the nature of the change that takes place in the game that I've heard of doesn't compel me whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom