• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

73V3N

Banned
Let's have some fun for a Sunday afternoon.

$5 game of your choice to the best haiku about Steam sales in the next 20 minutes.

No more money left,
no more games for me,
i'm already dead.
pukahontas5dts77.gif

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Get Medieval
Its arguably the best in the series.
Great unit variation and FoTS is great too, but Medieval is definetely more value

Empire / Shogun and Fots are miles ahead of Medieval. Dont get me wrong, there isnt a TW i dont love, but if you want the best value in teh series you have to climb the ladder...its only gotten better over the years. Of course what it comes down to in the end is what period of history you like the best....im a history buff, i love em all.

ps. Napoleon is excellent too

$5 game of your choice to the best haiku about Steam sales in the next 20 minutes.

Who cares about deals
It's about the metagame
Gaben, give me cards

Not sure if I got the syllabable count right, English is not my first language :p

It's the Summer Sale again,
Lord Gaben gives us discounts
and he takes away our money

-or-

Summer sale again,
Lord Gaben's love,
Lost money

Blizzard

Banned
If I'm going to buy a game with DLC, I like picking everything up. It looks like the $5 Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition has 4/6 DLC packs, the other two being the Courier's Stash (someone said it was just guns at the start of the game) and Gun Runners' Arsenal. I assume the stash is completely not worth getting, but is the arsenal? I also saw someone had a problem trying to add the arsenal to their account.

Retrofluxed

So before it expires, can anyone give me impressions of Might & Magic Heroes VI? I don't like to spend $10+ on Steam sales unless I'm sure it'll be good.

Martian

Empire / Shogun and Fots are miles ahead of Medieval. Dont get me wrong, there isnt a TW i dont love, but if you want the best value in teh series you have to climb the ladder...its only gotten better over the years. Of course what it comes down to in the end is what period of history you like the best....im a history buff, i love em all.

ps. Napoleon is excellent too

We could have a discussion:p
But Medieval and Rome are the best two games in the series. The most unit variety, the most interesting siege battles and the best gameplay.
Sure the later games have gotten some upgrades in diplomacy and trading, but they are just no match to Rome and M2

Aselith

Ditto

Checked both these games out on Steam. Both look awesome. Which is better and why?

The Total War series improves in a sense like a sports franchise with incremental steps forward. So the combat is a more refined version of Medieval in Shogun 2 so it's the best currently out.

Naval combat is good.

Motherhumpin SAMURAI.

SAMURAI.

Shogun 2 all the way.

SAMURAI

The final FNV. Yay.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout New Vegas -- MB-70CBAD43E8B00025 - Taken by Flips360

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have Portal 2, Isaac, Dungeons of Dredmore and Bastion idling, and I haven't earned a single card from any of those in an hour now... halp :(?

If I'm going to buy a game with DLC, I like picking everything up. It looks like the $5 Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition has 4/6 DLC packs, the other two being the Courier's Stash (someone said it was just guns at the start of the game) and Gun Runners' Arsenal. I assume the stash is completely not worth getting, but is the arsenal? I also saw someone had a problem trying to add the arsenal to their account.

Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom