• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

I've sold some cards to get additional cards I needed, but it sounds like some of you are working up to game purchases by selling/trading cards. Are you just working in quantity, ie selling a lot of 20 cent cards, or doing something else?

Let's have some fun for a Sunday afternoon.

$5 game of your choice to the best haiku about Steam sales in the next 20 minutes.

Staying up for deals
My jimmies have been rustled
Summer sale is here

bonus haiku about how poor I am:

Cool, I like free stuff
"Maybe he'll pay it forward?"
Jokes on you, I'm broke

How is Medieval 2: Total War and Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai?
Fall of the samurai is Total War: The Last Samurai. Guns/Cannon vs samurai. Interesting asymmetry and adds a little mini-campaign. $7.50 might be high for a casual player.

Medieval 2 is excellent, only if you get Kingdoms with it. Otherwise it plays like Shogun 2 without the pretty graphics.

Caerith

I know this post will get buried, but for those who have not yet bought Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The Ultimate Edition is $4.99
  • The DLC is totally worth it
  • If you're still hesitating, you should rethink your life
For those who have not yet played Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The essential "fixes bugs but doesn't reinterpret content" mod is MMUE
  • The game is built on a shitty Bethesda engine that's prone to crashing on machines with more than one core. This page will mostly fix all that (ctrl+F "iNumHWThreads").
  • F5 is quick save, just in case the game still crashes on you.
  • Charisma is a dump stat-- spend skill points on the skills it governs instead of raising it (unless you really want the Animal Companion perk, which doesn't do very much).
  • There is no wrong way to play or build your character. You'll need to play a few times to see everything, so don't fret about having a "perfect" game.

Almighty

Is it worth to pay more for the Ultimate Version of Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Considering I don't usually care about DLCs...

New Vegas for sure. Most of it's DLC is actually pretty good. Fallout 3's DLC on the other hand did not impress me. It might be worth it for the extra 2.50 though.

FACE

Banned
I assume this means all the expansion packs, not the two weapon DLC?

All of them, including the weapon packs.

Edit: The Ultimate edition comes with all the DLC.

jblTg4qxNCMxE0.png

Blizzard

Banned
All of them, including the weapon packs.
Whoops, guess I get ultimate edition plus those two then, lol.

I know this post will get buried, but for those who have not yet bought Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The Ultimate Edition is $4.99
  • The DLC is totally worth it
  • If you're still hesitating, you should rethink your life
For those who have not yet played Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The essential "fixes bugs but doesn't reinterpret content" mod is MMUE
  • The game is built on a shitty Bethesda engine that's prone to crashing on machines with more than one core. This page will mostly fix all that (ctrl+F "iNumHWThreads").
  • F5 is quick save, just in case the game still crashes on you.
  • Charisma is a dump stat-- spend skill points on the skills it governs instead of raising it (unless you really want the Animal Companion perk, which doesn't do very much).
  • There is no wrong way to play or build your character. You'll need to play a few times to see everything, so don't fret about having a "perfect" game.
Thanks for these notes, bookmarked! Though those two sites are EXTREMELY slow to load.

scurker

Tried the Kerbal Space Program demo.
Didn't like it. Pass, especially at only 40% off.

That's kind of my impressions too. It'd be fun to tinker around a bit, but I'm not sure I would play it for more than a couple of hours. I'd much rather spend the money on something like Rogue Legacy if I'm going to spend it.

Tellaerin

I have to say, the haiku challenge is probably the most fun giveaway anyone's done so far. Love reading some of the stuff you guys are coming up with. :D

j-wood

Looking for some help from owners of borderlands 2 dlc:

I'm debating buying the season pass before the sale expires. However, I've heard that only the Mr. Torgue one is really good. Is that true?

Because other wise I was thinking of just buying the Mr. Torgue, one of the new character classes, and the level increase pack. Are the new character classes worth it?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Looking for some help from owners of borderlands 2 dlc:

I'm debating buying the season pass before the sale expires. However, I've heard that only the Mr. Torgue one is really good. Is that true?

Because other wise I was thinking of just buying the Mr. Torgue, one of the new character classes, and the level increase pack. Are the new character classes worth it?

heard all the dlc's were good. just skins wernt.

Natty1

Red is my favourite colour.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Red Orchestra -- MB-689C5860ED174F18 - Taken by IcyRhythms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom