• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Total War series improves in a sense like a sports franchise with incremental steps forward. So the combat is a more refined version of Medieval in Shogun 2 so it's the best currently out.

Naval combat is good.

Motherhumpin SAMURAI.

SAMURAI.

Shogun 2 all the way.

SAMURAI

I know this question is seemingly redundant given the bolded but I had noticed previously that Total War: Rome is looked upon quite fondly and (when I was looking whether or not to buy it a few months ago) for many it is their favourite in the series. I am wondering, given what you've said, why people would feel this way about Rome if there are incremental improvements and is it still worth buying Shogun 2 if Rome is owned yet has not yet been played (ie, are the imrprovements in Shogun 2 significant enough that it is worth a purchase despite already owning one that hasn't yet been played)?

FACE

Banned
Whoops, guess I get ultimate edition plus those two then, lol.

No need, ultimate edition comes with all the dlcs.

jblTg4qxNCMxE0.png

Some of you guys have no idea what a haiku is.

I really don't.

So I played FTL for 5 hours last night.

Thought it was only an hour.

At least it will probably run on my laptop from 2006 while I am at work.

Any suggestions for games that would run on an old laptop?

Megasoum

Banned
Maybe I should start spending money... The only thing I've bought since the sale started was Chronicles of Riddick for 5$....on GOG lol.

I don't know why I had these in my inventory but now is a good a time as any to give them away to anyone that may want them.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal -- MB-4C1A813B2ECF20DC - Taken by Rafy
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-899BD3D9B93E1149 - Taken by Mugatu

Blizzard

Banned
No need, ultimate edition comes with all the dlcs.
Haha, after all my stupid questions, I finally figured that out when I tried to check out and it wouldn't let me include either of the other two DLC. I didn't feel like the store page made it very obvious which were included. Thanks for your patience!

Divius

I am LOVING Dark Souls. Game is amazing, although somewhat overwhelming and unforgiving (yet those are aspects I also love)

AlexBasch

Maybe I should start spending money... The only thing I've bought since the sale started was Chronicles of Riddick for 5$....on GOG lol.
I held off on my money kinda tight ever since the sale started. And man, I'm struggling now. ): I would have bought Witcher 2, but I haven't even played the first one for more than an hour or so. I think I should finish that one first.

My only impusle buy would be a 75% off Skyrim. Don't know if that would be feasible though.

gogojira

Very tempted by $7.50 NBA2K13. Haven't played a basketball game in years, this is really cheap and going by reviews really good. Ugh, decisions!

Aselith

I know this question is seemingly redundant given the bolded but I had noticed previously that Total War: Rome is looked upon quite fondly and (when I was looking whether or not to buy it a few months ago) for many it is their favourite in the series. I am wondering, given what you've said, why people would feel this way about Rome if there are incremental improvements and is it still worth buying Shogun 2 if Rome is owned yet has not yet been played (ie, are the imrprovements in Shogun 2 significant enough that it is worth a purchase despite already owning one that hasn't yet been played)?

Up to you, man. I think the controls have improved quite a bit since Rome and Rome looks pretty rough compared to gorgeous Shogun 2. The whole series is worth playing.

PaulLFC

I have a few TF2 cards, but not all of them required for the badge. It says I'm not eligible for any more card drops, and I've just got a booster pack.

It says I can get more cards by buying TF2 items, but I don't plan on doing that - should I just sell the cards I have, or are there still ways to get cards and complete the badge?

FACE

Banned
Haha, after all my stupid questions, I finally figured that out when I tried to check out and it wouldn't let me include either of the other two DLC. I didn't feel like the store page made it very obvious which were included. Thanks for your patience!

You're welcome :)

73V3N

Banned
I have a few TF2 cards, but not all of them required for the badge. It says I'm not eligible for any more card drops, and I've just got a booster pack.

It says I can get more cards by buying TF2 items, but I don't plan on doing that - should I just sell the cards I have, or are there still ways to get cards and complete the badge?

You can buy the other cards in the market.

- Oh it's summer time
rage and chaos upon us
not enough money

- But there's hope for us
trading cards for the games
just idle and sell them

- idle? that's not fun
you buy games to play them
not to be JaseC

- Buy? You are insane
Have you heard of ModBot yet?
Just be like javadots