• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogojira

If you do buy it, download the roster/graphic mods.

Thanks for the pointer, my mouse is hovering. I think I'm going to make the call against it, if only because I want to see what the rest of the sale brings. In relation to how much I've been spending per game, $7.50 might as well be a full priced game, haha.

Caerith

Also, some of you guys should learn what a haiku is.
You should at least educate them in haiku. I wrote this a year ago in a similar contest:

When spoken aloud
Each distinct sound is its own
Syllable, savvy?

So hai-ku has two,
Syl-lab-le has three and, you,
Diprosalic, four.

The haiku pattern
Is five syllables first line,
Then seven, then five.

(Well, supposedly
Ha-i-ku's three syllables
But this ain't Japan.)

I have a few TF2 cards, but not all of them required for the badge. It says I'm not eligible for any more card drops, and I've just got a booster pack.

It says I can get more cards by buying TF2 items, but I don't plan on doing that - should I just sell the cards I have, or are there still ways to get cards and complete the badge?

the other way is by getting cards from other games on your library, then you sell or trade them for the remaining TF2 cards you need

LuuKyK

Fez sales graph:

Livestream of Phil Fish's living room:

fK5yA.gif

Good for him. Maybe with all this money he is able to buy a good opinion for himself.

I had to make the choice between Fallout 3 and eating tomorrow. There's always next sale. :p

I think that's it for me for this sale. I have no idea what else I could possibly want.

I have a few TF2 cards, but not all of them required for the badge. It says I'm not eligible for any more card drops, and I've just got a booster pack.

It says I can get more cards by buying TF2 items, but I don't plan on doing that - should I just sell the cards I have, or are there still ways to get cards and complete the badge?

You have to actually use the booster pack to get additional card drops.

Grabbed Duke Nukem Megaton when it was $3. Went to play some today and have an annoying issue. Clicking Play seemingly loads the game as I lose my mouse cursor but I can't actually see anything. I have to hit ctrl-alt-del and then cancel to get it to actually show up. Any thoughts? Once it is booted it runs fine but this is pretty annoying.

I know this question is seemingly redundant given the bolded but I had noticed previously that Total War: Rome is looked upon quite fondly and (when I was looking whether or not to buy it a few months ago) for many it is their favourite in the series. I am wondering, given what you've said, why people would feel this way about Rome if there are incremental improvements and is it still worth buying Shogun 2 if Rome is owned yet has not yet been played (ie, are the imrprovements in Shogun 2 significant enough that it is worth a purchase despite already owning one that hasn't yet been played)?
There's a 7 year difference between the releases of Rome and Shogun 2, so yes Shogun 2 is much improved. It's the same basic play but much more polished and much better AI.

Rafy

Grabbed Duke Nukem Megaton when it was $3. Went to play some today and have an annoying issue. Clicking Play seemingly loads the game as I lose my mouse cursor but I can't actually see anything. I have to hit ctrl-alt-del and then cancel to get it to actually show up. Any thoughts? Once it is booted it runs fine but this is pretty annoying.

I did not have this issue, I am on mac though

btw, as for: why is Viking in the Total War collection? Most obvious would be that it's the same studio, but for those who've played it: it was pretty obvious that Viking was meant to be something different from it was turned into, as the "get reinforcements" thing clearly demonstrates. It's a failure of sorts, but a pretty glorious one.
(IMO, of course.)

Inversive

I know this question is seemingly redundant given the bolded but I had noticed previously that Total War: Rome is looked upon quite fondly and (when I was looking whether or not to buy it a few months ago) for many it is their favourite in the series. I am wondering, given what you've said, why people would feel this way about Rome if there are incremental improvements and is it still worth buying Shogun 2 if Rome is owned yet has not yet been played (ie, are the imrprovements in Shogun 2 significant enough that it is worth a purchase despite already owning one that hasn't yet been played)?
Which period of history do you find more interesting? I prefer Rome over vanilla Shogun 2 but i'm having a blast with Fall of the samurai which is kinda more shooty than stabby. Regardless of your choice you should 100% play with mods, there are variety for Rome 2 but I would go for Roma Surrectum 2 and for Shogun 2 go with Darthmod. Vanilla Rome is kinda crappy at this point, I couldn't imagine playing it without the mods, they make it infinitely better.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member

because the thought that everything older is better. Its not, Rome is great, but the ai is wonky and the game doesn't touch the depth of later games. The Shogun games are currently the best in the series.

Prophane33

McPixel is a crazy weird awesome game. First game I've actually played during the sale instead of letting it idle the entire time. However, for some reason the cards are priced the absolute worst, first cards I've parted with at single digits.

Cheddahz

Banned
I won EVE Online on here a couple of days ago and with the way my life is going to be in the next few months, I'm not going to have the time or money to play it, so I figured that I would just give it away on here to someone who'll appreciate more than I will

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EVE Online -- MB-3233F23082D6B163 - Taken by 28 Posts Later

McPixel is a crazy weird awesome game. First game I've actually played during the sale instead of letting it idle the entire time. However, for some reason the cards are priced the absolute worst, first cards I've parted with at single digits.

It was in the humble android bundle like a week before the sale started, and was only like a buck in steam. Plus the set has like 13 cards. Super high supply and really low demand.

Great game though.

So how's Remember Me?

The only games I've bought in this sale so far have been sandbox/simulator games and I'm looking for something more action packed. I don't have a lot of spare time these days due to work and something that's pretty mindless but still enjoyable that's not excessively long is ideal.

I always wanted to give Remember Me a go at some point and I'm wondering if it's worth the £18? It does feel a bit steep but I guess it won't be going any lower than that for a while.

My main worry is that it'll end up free on PS+ at some point in the near future. But I guess I can say that about most games.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Steam sales are so boring now.

I already own every game worth owning.

Even games I know I will never have time to play.

If only Gabe could find a way to create more time...

And then sell it at a discount during summer and winter promotions.

FACE

Banned
I'll be handing out the secret best game available on Steam to post #10,500. Here are your hints:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2412994/2/istockphoto_2412994-large-treasure-chest.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6Elw46-R7gtTfyn6OU7R1-cKjoopkmRn-3SRsD4rRFzK-_mQA[IMG] + [IMG]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121123122643/science/el/images/f/fe/Forces-Centripetal-02-goog.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's Bad Rats, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom