• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I'm not into getting all these Badges and cards but I must admit that I really like the Words in the Sleeping dogs cards.

"Family", "Lotus", "Loyalty".

Might even craft a Badge, since I'm just missing "North" and "Blade".

I'll be handing out the secret best game available on Steam to post #10,500. Here are your hints:

istockphoto_2412994-large-treasure-chest.jpg

images
+
Forces-Centripetal-02-goog.jpg

Here comes a lightning thread.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nabbing Deadlight (voted for it, already had MotN) and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition. At a first glance Fallout 3 looks more interesting to me, but from what I heard New Vegas is the better game? That "Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7" warning makes the choice easier too. Still considering FO3 in the future though depending on my experience with NV.

Really want Gunpoint to win, not very interested in Torchlight 2 at the moment and I won't be getting Don't Starve at that price.

I know this post will get buried, but for those who have not yet bought Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The Ultimate Edition is $4.99
  • The DLC is totally worth it
  • If you're still hesitating, you should rethink your life
For those who have not yet played Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The essential "fixes bugs but doesn't reinterpret content" mod is MMUE
  • The game is built on a shitty Bethesda engine that's prone to crashing on machines with more than one core. This page will mostly fix all that (ctrl+F "iNumHWThreads").
  • F5 is quick save, just in case the game still crashes on you.
  • Charisma is a dump stat-- spend skill points on the skills it governs instead of raising it (unless you really want the Animal Companion perk, which doesn't do very much).
  • There is no wrong way to play or build your character. You'll need to play a few times to see everything, so don't fret about having a "perfect" game.
Thanks for those links but holy crap @ that list of MMUE fixes, it makes the unmodded game sound borderline unplayable. Are all those bugs really common?

I'm not into getting all these Badges and cards but I must admit that I really like the Words in the Sleeping dogs cards.

"Family", "Lotus", "Loyalty".

Might even craft a Badge, since I'm just missing "North" and "Blade".

I might try and go for the Skyrim badge, but I'll probably just sell them off/gift them. I don't have any need for those cosmetic items, really.

Toki767

I think these codes are valid. Mostly because I don't know that anyone would really want these, but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rogue Warrior #2 -- MB-DB568FCF26ABFDBA - Taken by Sullichin
Hunted: The Demon's Forge -- MB-910ADBD8C2C64276 - Taken by Dambrosi
Brink -- MB-5ADF1585D46DF788 - Taken by Fireblend
Rogue Warrior -- MB-ABAB771543849F0A - Taken by morningbus

smr00

Banned
Little OT but whoever just gifted me To the Moon, my boyfriend accepted it telling me "hey some dude gifted this to you" and didn't write down your name so please let me know who you were so i can thank you.

Last time i let him use my steam to play civ.

These giveaways are useful. Maybe I can also get these out of my inventory :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Monday Night Combat -- MB-3A8F1D8DC9AF0E24 - Taken by Daedalos42
Super Monday Night Combat #2 -- MB-00BE187291587807 - Taken by Mugatu
Super Monday Night Combat #3 -- MB-FA1B9698E7567FEE - Taken by ReverseFate
Super Monday Night Combat #4 -- MB-54B77AF265063E12 - Taken by Yondy604

The_Monk

I might try and go for the Skyrim badge, but I'll probably just sell them off/gift them. I don't have any need for those cosmetic items, really.

Yes I agree fellow GAFfer, I just really like the mood in Sleeping Dogs and might replay it on Steam, again. Skyrim is a Badge I won't never get simply because I do not have it.

Hope you can get the badge if you want it. Good luck :)

So how's Remember Me?

The only games I've bought in this sale so far have been sandbox/simulator games and I'm looking for something more action packed. I don't have a lot of spare time these days due to work and something that's pretty mindless but still enjoyable that's not excessively long is ideal.

I always wanted to give Remember Me a go at some point and I'm wondering if it's worth the £18? It does feel a bit steep but I guess it won't be going any lower than that for a while.

My main worry is that it'll end up free on PS+ at some point in the near future. But I guess I can say that about most games.

Remember Me is far too shallow in its combat system to warrant any price above 10 bucks. If you really want it, it might be worth it, but aside from some creative takes on future developments (and laughable failures of depicting some, like still screen video feeds when they have the bandwidth for entire minds...), it has little to offer that could worth the pricetag.

It's a tale of woe, really. It could have been something great if they just given up control over the combo system, instead of hogging it like "no, you can't do that! It will ruin our game!". Please. That's not an attitude people should have when they're making video game entertainment.

The_Monk

morningbus been quiet for some time, where are you fellow GAFfer?

EDIT: Just when I post he appears.

WHAT SORT OF WITCHCRAFT IS THIS

RS4-

My issue with Remember Me is the stale ass combat mechanics and how they handcuff you with it.

And the lack of memory remixes. I thought the whole game would involve more of them but really, for the first 3/4s of the game, there were only 2.

It just got so tiresome I didn't even bother to finish it.

Thanks to all of you. I'll pick it up as soon as I can.

So I played FTL for 5 hours last night.

Thought it was only an hour.

At least it will probably run on my laptop from 2006 while I am at work.

Any suggestions for games that would run on an old laptop?

Hotline Miami, The Binding of Isaac (?), SuperMeatBoy, and PixelJunk Eden (System Shock 2 also maybe) are what come to mind since they do not seem particularly taxing (The Binding of Isaac is difficult to comment on, it isn't optimised very well so it might be problematic; somebody else will need to give a better say on this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom