• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuterald

My hints are incredibly vague, by the way. Many shall be confused upon reveal of said game. One of the hints will become clear upon playing the game for the first time. The other two pictures require additional knowledge of particular classic games. Only during stage 6 will you arrive at the epiphany I've encountered. Enjoy!

Zeliard

I tend to agree with the SS2 part. Nostalgia seems to play a big part in people enjoying SS2.

I've replayed System Shock 2 in the past couple years; it not only holds up but is outright progressive in many respects relative to what we've seen in the past several years from bigger studios. The game was far ahead of its time, which is not a unique quality among PC games of the day. Nostalgia has less of a bearing when the core design is so inventive and, in many ways, timeless.

If parts of it haven't aged well, it would amount only really to the visuals and the gun mechanics, and I maintain that the visuals work more than effectively enough to help convey a creepy mood (especially with SS2's magnificent, ever-important sound design). It's a game you should really play with a decent speaker system or a good pair of headphones. And as the game is an RPG, it doesn't live or die based on the feel of its shooting (which is something I've never taken issue with, but it's a common point of criticism).

If you missed the SS2 sale for $2.49, it's still 50% off for $4.99, which as far as I'm concerned is still a steal even with a game approaching 15 years old.

Sorry NeoGAF to post this message here again, but I got no reply:
I wanted to buy the 5 first Tomb Raider games, but their prices increased yesterday...

I don't have money, only Steam keys left.

Is there anyone willing to do some exchange with me?

I can exchange:
- Cogs
- NightSky HD
- Dungeon Defenders (+ all its DLC)
- Splice
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- Waking Mars
Thanks in advance if there is someone who wants to help me!

lmpaler

Doom, Deadlight, Fallout NV Ultimate added. Obsidian do not let me down!!

Voted for Don't Starve because more people need that game. It's a ton of fun

My hints are incredibly vague, by the way. Many shall be confused upon reveal of said game. One of the hints will become clear upon playing the game for the first time. The other two pictures require additional knowledge of particular classic games. Only during stage 6 will you arrive at the epiphany I've encountered. Enjoy!

So its not kerbal. Dang :(

Tenrius

I'll be handing out the secret best game available on Steam to post #10,500. Here are your hints:

istockphoto_2412994-large-treasure-chest.jpg

images
+
Forces-Centripetal-02-goog.jpg

I wish the best of luck to whoever wins "The Adventures of a Treasure Chest Moving Inside a Hypersphere In Seven Dimensions With Velocity" then! They gonna need it.

Xyber

I tend to agree with the SS2 part. Nostalgia seems to play a big part in people enjoying SS2.

Started playing it for the first time today. I am playing it co-op with a friend, but it still feels like a great game. Sure, the graphics are dated as hell, doesn't really bother me though.

So I finally finished my Badge for the Summer Getaway and reached level 10 on Steam. About how often do Booster packs show up?

I finally got Fallout NV too, and even better, the complete edition!

I couldn't stand looking at Psychonauts at $2.50 anymore, I had to buy it. Funny thing is that I have the game for Xbox but I hate having to dust off my Xbox everytime I want to play it, so this is a good substitute. I beat it 3 times already but won't mind playing it over again.

Divius

Last of my leftover keys. I hope they all work, if not: oops.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers -- MB-E31F01333E9BFD73 - Taken by Personaj
Aquaria -- MB-72CEC317F815D4A4 - Taken by Undead Bokun
Eets -- MB-0C520B72A9523D95 - Taken by xDEKOIx
English Country Tune -- MB-4D215F0F5AD1410A - Taken by Mildudon
Oil Rush -- MB-E8A18BC46BBE1B30 - Taken by Sdawg36
Fractal -- MB-6705FF0EA503833E - Taken by A Human Becoming
Nightsky -- MB-5C8786A3CBC1A1D4

Tenrius

I'm on the fence for Fallout 3. Remember it being a bit disappointing and it killed my graphics card (when I had the retail version).

I couldn't stand looking at Psychonauts at $2.50 anymore, I had to buy it. Funny thing is that I have the game for Xbox but I hate having to dust off my Xbox everytime I want to play it, so this is a good substitute. I beat it 3 times already but won't mind playing it over again.

Fantastic game. The first and only game that I have ever 100%'d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom