• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugatu

In my library I have "Fallout: New Vegas" listed when I go to the Ultimate version's store page it says I already own the game. The trouble is it doesn't list it as being the ultimate version in my library. Is that normal or do I just have the basic version?

If I don't already have it I'd like the dlc :(

/firstworldsteamproblems

Mine says the same thing and I can confirm that it is the ultimate version - you should have all DLC but you can always check that to make sure.

Tenrius

In my library I have "Fallout: New Vegas" listed when I go to the Ultimate version's store page it says I already own the game. The trouble is it doesn't list it as being the ultimate version in my library. Is that normal or do I just have the basic version?

/firstworldsteamproblems

You can check what DLC you have from the library (right click → properties → DLC tab). I was missing one, but it said that I own the Ultimate edition as well for some reason.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I think most mods aren't compatible with the BFG edition.

That's correct. I'm talking about the flashlight no longer being something you have to equip. If you buy the standard Doom 3, I think you can mod it to the point that it'll look as good as BFG (or even better).

/firstworldsteamproblems
It will list as just new vegas in your library no matter the version. Right click on it to see what dlc you have.

/firstworldsteamproblems

same here. I got the Ultimate Edition last year and it appears in my library as "Fallout: New Vegas" but if I check its DLC I see I have all of it, so yes, it's the Ultimate Edition

just right click on the title, click on Properties, then go to DLC, check what you have listed there

M.D

/firstworldsteamproblems

Right click > View Downloadable Content

If you have a bunch of DLC there, you own the Ultimate Edition
I think Steam does that with most if not all games

Fox Mulder

It's not that they removed them completely, there are still a few levels resembling the old sandboxes, if smaller in scale, but there's an abundance of regular stealth action levels, mostly "get from point A to point B without dying" stuff. You're also not doing actual hit jobs, it detracts from the experience, too. The story in general is bad.

I'm totally shocked that IO interactive forgot what made Hitman great after pretty much spending the entire generation working on two mediocre kane and lynch games.

Mordeccai

I only have 28 more cards that can drop from the games I own. I pray to god two of those are foils, would be so nice to get a little bit of extra cash.

If I can snag another six or seven dollars from cards, I think I'll be happy. Will bring my wallet up to about 17 dollars, and I already spend 15 bucks from it strictly from cards. All in all, not bad for free money.

Mugatu

Also why do people keep calling Doom 3 a port? Did it come out on Atari first?

I don't know and I personally really hate the term "port."

Not applicable to this thread per se but it seems to get tossed way too often by people for no reason.

Damn you guys sure un-sold me on the game. I can understand that maybe they went to a more action oriented design, but I cant understand why they would take out the sandbox elements.

The most bizarre thing is that the game's first proper mission is a relatively sandboxy level done in the classic Hitman style, but the game then becomes more and more linear with a few exceptions.

It's still fun and IMO worth a purchase, but more as a stealth game with the odd assassination than a real Hitman game.

M.D

I only have 28 more cards that can drop from the games I own. I pray to god two of those are foils, would be so nice to get a little bit of extra cash.

If I can snag another six or seven dollars from cards, I think I'll be happy. Will bring my wallet up to about 17 dollars, and I already spend 15 bucks from it strictly from cards. All in all, not bad for free money.

I made $2.82 from cards so far >.>

I still have a bunch of cards to get, but if none of them are foil, I'm not getting much more

I am on the fence about Eador, It looks a lot like King's bounty which I loved, I have never played a heroes of might and magic game before though. Would I be better off buying Heroes of might and magic VI?

I have a question about Modbot and the giveaway:

What happen if no one took a key from a previous giveaway and I just repost the same quoted message edited by Modbot in the Steam thread again?

Will it work?

Mordeccai

I made $2.82 from cards so far >.>

I still have a bunch of cards to get, but if none of them are foil, I'm not getting much more

The 20-30 cent cards really stack up over time. Hell, even the shitty 12 cent cards help out over time. Sucks that idling doesn't get me cards consistently anymore though, a day before the sale I was idling seven games and getting cards for every one of them.

kennah

I have a question about Modbot and the giveaway:

What happen if no one took a key from a previous giveaway and I just repost the same quoted message edited by Modbot in the Steam thread again?

Will it work?

By now people are going through your post history trying to find the one that didn't get grabbed

Zaphod

I double dipped on Fallout 3. I already have NV on PC and it has the better gameplay by far but at the end my first playthrough of 3 on the 360 I was left wondering why there was a picture of me and a dog at the end of the game. Now I want to go back through the game with with Dogmeat.

If you had to buy just one, I'd definitely recommend New Vegas. It has a more realistic/interesting inventory system and the play overall reminded me more of the older 2d games.

Firehead

Right, enough of the Timedog silliness. Anyone want a free summer card thing? It's reus. Don't think it's possible to give it away via modbot, so I'll give it away like this.

Mugatu

They're talking about the BFG edition, which is a port...

Fair enough, my mini-rant was just about how I hate that word.

Not so much on here but other places it seems if someone doesn't like a certain game or developer they just throw call everything they do a port. For some reason it really irritates me.

Om nom nom nom nom. Thanks a lot, I was about to double dip on New Vegas as I only played it on consoles a while ago and didn't like it as much as most here. Let's see if I really did miss something.
I cannot imagine how the fallout games are even on console. Seriously. I imagine them being completely unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom