• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugatu

I always price my cards at a penny above. I'm keeping the market afloat.

I saw a pic on reddit of a few TF2 items selling for $100+ out of nowhere but I assume those were some payments for something else. I wanted to post something for $100 to see what happens? Maybe some drunk guy will buy it anyway? But then I noticed that I couldn't find a way to sort by high price so I doubt that would work.

I was planning on waiting for the price to go up, but that will most likely happen quite some time after the summer sale, so decided to just sell them ( I price them 1 penny lower, it sells almost instantly, quite crazy)

Yeah, these cards were in the $0.30 a day or so ago and are all down to $0.14 now so I figure I'll try waiting for this set - worse comes to worse I lose a few pennies.

I have played Oblivion/Fallout 3 but didn't like em :( But perhaps NV is a bit more modern or faster paced? The beginning of F3 was just so slow and then when I got out I had no idea where to actually go lol.

Apologies, I missed this post. If you didn't like Fallout 3 at all I would be extremely surprised if you did end up liking New Vegas. The gunplay was, very slightly, improved but the main improvements with regard to the gameplay is the addition of greater depth via more diversive perks and a simultaneous reduction in the amount of perks you can acquire (VATS is still the better method for combat) so I don't think it will satisfy you in that area. The opening is certainly not as long as Fallout 3's is; some of the more standard introductionary sequences can be skipped. You're also given much more direction after the tutorial in New Vegas in comparison to the other two games. As for the second part, you can go anywhere you wish. The freedom in both Oblivion and Fallout 3 is one of their biggest draws as the world provides a wide variety of areas to explore, items to collect and places to see. For Fallout 3 specifically, you can follow the instructions on your Pipboy to bring you straight to Megaton, the first 'city' most people encounter due to its close proximity to the entrance, if you just wish to follow the quest markers (although, as I've mentioned, most people will arrive in Megaton regardless to try and acquire an area to keep loot) or you can choose to go elsewhere; it is up to you. If you own then (as opposed to merely tried them) I would definitely advise trying them again (if you can though you'd probably be better off starting with a save at the sewer entrance in Oblivion or the exit to Vault 101 so that you can customise your character however you want and move immediately into the main game, skipping the tutorial which is quite long and monotonous for both games).

In my opinion, I think it would be a very large risk for you to buy New Vegas considering your experience (and the aspects that are problematic to you) with both Oblivion and Fallout 3. There is a possibility you'd like it, of course, but I don't think it's worth the risk (and yes, I know it's really cheap but that money could still be put towards something else that you have a higher probability of enjoying).

RetroMG

Here is today's RetroGamer Giveaway!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-73AEFBCF8671C86E
Little Inferno -- MB-B18561DB22B056EE - Taken by Genji

I've allowed previous winners to join in this giveaway!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
heeyyyy... last time I checked the topic we were on page 50...
At this rate we'll be in OT5 by the time the sale ends :O

Kinyou

Firehead was awesome and gave me stuff, so I'll give something out of my Steam inventory.

First person to guess what my favorite Halo game is gets Tomb Raider: Anniversary.
ok, it must be Halo Reach, because everything else has already been mentioned

errr, nothing to see here

Socreges

Banned
So should I spend double to get the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas or just vanilla? Obviously just another $2.50, but I don't know if the extra content is worth the time...

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm glad no one said Halo 4.

And I might give away Tomb Raider Underworld later, unless someone will give me New Vegas for it.

So should I spend double to get the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas or just vanilla? Obviously just another $2.50, but I don't know if the extra content is worth the time...

The Old World Blues I think it is, was one of my favorite things ever. I liked it way more than the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom