• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

Thinking about getting Fallout Vegas.
What's the diffrence between regular and ultimate edition? :)

4 awesome DLC's. They're actually quite good. Add plenty of content and new weapons and armor. Decent stories behind them too. I would say they're well worth 2.50

Oops, more than four. I think there are six pieces in total.

Sini

So how do the cards drop now?
One friend who just started idling for cards got all the cards from 4 games in two hours. But my other friend has been idling 7 games at once for 22 hours and has gotten only two cards from half of the games so far.
Help

Almighty

Thinking about getting Fallout Vegas.
What's the diffrence between regular and ultimate edition? :)

Regular is just the base game, ultimate is the base game plus all the DLC.

My advice if you do buy FNV get the Ultimate Edition. The DLC is worth the extra 2.50 in my opinion.

All right, clearing out some stuff
I'm not entirely sure if the Anomaly key is working properly (bundlestars sent me 2 keys), enter at your own risk.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avadon The Black Fortress -- MB-D562E1968F966104 - Taken by Tellaerin
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-839C4CCEF21904CD

Genji

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout New Vegas -- MB-4A6BA9715725CA1E - Taken by KMD

Lissar

Reluctant Member
This is a LTTP: Aquaria:

Game is amazing.

YES IT IS!

It's my GOTY this year despite the fact that it didn't come out this year.

>>

<<

I can do that, right?

I'm sure a ton of people have it sitting around on their Steam list unplayed (I had it there for years). That's why I'm insisting that everyone play it!

FACE

Banned
That's correct. I'm talking about the flashlight no longer being something you have to equip. If you buy the standard Doom 3, I think you can mod it to the point that it'll look as good as BFG (or even better).

You can make vanilla Doom 3 look a lot better than BFG with mods like Sikkmod and wulfen's texture pack.

73V3N

Banned
Hey guys am I post 10500?

1373231160022ynset.gif

Megasoum

Banned
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Witcher 2 -- MB-D6157491CE7D010C - Taken by xDEKOIx

Good luck guys!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Same here, I made it into space once and felt like a hero which led to me quitting and leaving on a high note lol.

My mistake was playing the demo lol. Limited in the selection (duh), so I was stacking fuel on top of each other. Only for it to all blow up in my face.

I game seems to be fun once you get the hang of it. I think ima bite on it.

So should I spend double to get the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas or just vanilla? Obviously just another $2.50, but I don't know if the extra content is worth the time...

Get the Ultimate Edition. Old World Blues, from what I've seen, is near universally liked. The other DLCs are quite divisive but if you like even one (other) of them you'll have justified the additional cost.

My personal opinion was that Dead Money was awful (I hated it), Honest Hearts was excellent, Old World Blues was by far the best, and Lonesome Road I was not a fan of. Somebody else may have a completely different opinion though as the DLCs are quite different from one another so there is pretty much something for everybody collectively.

Fjord

I'd like to throw in a quick recommendation for Botanicula
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207690/
It's 75% off, down to $5. Probably my girlfriend's favourite game.
She immediately played through it again after finishing. Few games manage to create charm at this level. The 81 metascore attests to this. Great gift game for any casual player and good enough that you'll enjoy it too. I would guess that the vast majority of people who have played this game played it all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom